I'd like to apologize...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sailor Cosmos

Senior Member

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by standin View Post
Depends on the woman.
Tru fax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
just exactly how do you woman yourself up? :O
The same way a man does, but I'm a woman. I.E. Be honest, take responsibility, be polite, and all those other gender-less terminologies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elan Tedronai

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
Why is it that I have to carefully pick and choose which male stereotypes to make into humor, but men can use EVERYTHING?
You're looking at this issue from the wrong perspective. It's not about what you can and can't say it's about your audience. The basic gist of your argument is that men can insult women freely while women can't insult men freely. However, this is not a men vs women problem like you're making it out to be.

Imagine for a moment I walked into Curves and loudly proclaimed that I wanted everyone in the building to start making me a sandwich. How well do you think that would go over?

Imagine for a moment you walked into Joe's Gym of Testosterone and loudly proclaimed all the people in the building had small peněses. How well do you think that would go over?

Now reverse the audiences. I walk into Joe's Gym of Testosterone and say that everyone in the Curves building should be making us sandwiches. "HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH". You walk in to Curves and say that everyone at Joe's Gym of Testosterone has small peněses. "AHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA"

That being said, and as I said earlier, this is not a men vs women issue it is a societal issue. The reason you perceive men being able to insult women freely but women have no such freedom is because there are more male dominated societies. Men have more opportunity to insult women. Also, men tend to not participate in female societies. If men aren't trying to assimilate into women's groups then they can freely insult them. However women are regularly trying to assimilate into male dominated societies. (Don't put words into my mouth. I'm not trying to say what's right and what's wrong. I'm merely describing reality.)

You can't become "one of the guys" while insulting them. The exact same is true for men. I couldn't become "one of the girls" if I regularly insulted them. That being said there are more women trying to be one of the guys than guys trying to be one of the girls.

Internet gaming is heavily male dominated. Insulting men on the internet is the exact same as insulting men in Joe's Gym of Testosterone. If internet gaming were female dominated the same issue would apply to men if they were trying to assimilate into it. Imagine how well received a man would be on the Kotex message boards if he regularly dropped jokes at women's expense. When was the last time you saw a guy trying to fit in at Curves, or the Kotex message boards? (I don't know that those actually exist, used as example only)

This can also be illustrated in intergender societies. Imagine a male nerd entering a male jock dominated society and insulting them. How well do you think that would go over?

This issue you have with men vs women is not about men vs women at all. It's about outsiders and insiders regardless of gender. Your gender can decide if you're an outsider or insider but the same issues arise when gender is a non issue. Women being women has made them outsiders in this male dominated society. Men can make fun of you here because you're outsiders, not because you're women.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokingJoeNL

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Snip
Excellent post. If she doesn't get it after such a clear explanation, I don't know what else will get through.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legomasta

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Man - I'm gone for like two weeks and this is what happens in OT?

Apologizing to the entire forum. Cool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarlena

Senior Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Quality post
Well said, Mr. Tedronai.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CapitaFK

Senior Member

01-03-2012

ITT: Sexist feminist extremist.

That is all.

EDIT: Also, my actual feminist friends would laugh at OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hizuremai

Junior Member

01-03-2012

no1curr


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizuremai View Post
no1curr
poor, unimaginative response after 20 pages of posts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

And it was K

Member

01-03-2012

Oh irony, you so silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
I agree. It WAS true. But, I'm not taking sides beyond that. Because here are the options:

1) Take sides with BDSandM, and be eternally hated by SmokingJoeNL, Coedeed, etc.

2) Go against BDSandM, and be hated by every girl in the community.

Yeah, either way, I'm dead. So, I'm just saying that what she posted on this thread on the OP IS true. That's as far as I'm going.
Quote:
Alright, I take BDSandM's side. I mean, seriously, it's not like it's going to amount to a perma-ban or anything, right? So yeah. BDSandM is completely and totally right, and you shouldn't go on a downvoting spree just because it's her. You should read through the material first.
Easily the two most sexist (against females!) posts in the thread, yet BD didn't call them out because they were in support of her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uxie

Member

01-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinistralAmon View Post
Hey BD, this is what you MOST LIKELY find in the internet, guys that can't take sexist jokes, but here is something that can help you with your breakup (you obviously had to break up with some ****-ass jackass "pig" to became a gamer and THEN post your generalized insults to men that aren't what you think), WE ALL MEN ARE NOT SCUMBAGS, the fact that you women like to be with retarded, "hot" and "sexy" looking guys, with muscles thinking that they will stop acting like the jerks they are (I'm obviously not any of the things said before, even the muscles, sexy, hot and retarded part). They are just hopeless, and, no offense, they got the same problem as the majority of all you teenagers girls, they are hopeless. You won't find a perfect man: Sexy, Smart, Nice, Big, with Muscles, with Money and all of that together, you won't!! So make your decision and make priorities, instead of whining that there isn't a perfect man and that we all are cheaters. Well here is the thing I wanted to show you:

"We guys don't care if you talk to other guys. We don't care if you're friends with other guys. But when you're sitting next to us, and some random guy walks into the room and you jump and tackle him, without even introducing us, yeah, it pisses us off. It doesn't help if you sit there and talk to him for ten minutes without even acknowledging the fact that we're still there. We don't care if a guy calls (OR TEXTS) you, but at 2 in the morning we do get a little concerned. Nothing is that important at 2 a.m. That it can't wait till the morning. Also, when we tell you you're pretty/beautifull/gorgeus/cure/stunning we freaking mean it. Don't tell us we're wrong. We'll stop trying to convince you. The sexiest thing about a girl is confidence. Yeah, you can quote me. Don't be mad when we hold the door open. Take advantage of the mood I'm in. Let us pay for you! Don't "feel bad". We enjoy doing it. It's expected. Smile and say "thank you". Kiss us when no one's watching. If you kiss us when you know someone's watching, we'll be more impressed. You don't have to get dressed up for us. If we're going out with you in the first place, you don't have to feel the need to wear the shortest skirt you have or put on every kind of makeup you own. We like you for who you are. Honestly, i think a girl looks more beautiful when she's in her pj's. Don't take everything we say seriously. Sarcasm is a beautiful thing. See the beauty in it. Don't get angry easily. Stop using magazines/media as your bible. Don't talk about how hot Chris Brown, Brad Pitt, or Jesse McCartney is in front of us. It's boring, and we don't care. You have your girl friends for that. Whatever happened to the word "handsome"/"beautiful". I'd be utterly stunned by a girl who greeted me with "Hey handsome!" instead of "Hey baby/stud/cutie/sexy" or whatever else you can think of. On the other hand I'm not saying I wouldn't like it either. Girls, I cannot stress this enough: If you aren't being treated right by a guy, don't wait for him to change!! Ditch this sorry ass, disgrace to the male population and find someone who will treat you with some utter respect. Someone who will honor your morals. Someone who will make you smile when you're at your lowest. Someone who will care for you even when you make mistakes. Someone who will love you, no matter how bad you make them feel. Someone who will stop what they're doing just to look you in the eyes... and say "I love you"... and actually mean it. Give the nice guys a chance!!"
This was a message a friend of mine posted in a forum, to all girls who had/are having problems with their boyfriends of have problems finding a man... I hope you like this, and I'm indirecly on your side, even if the other males that think they're "Alpha-males" get me to the Hell of Downvotes, I don't really like that misogynestic jokes (or something like that) (though I laugh, because is that, a joke).
I'd personally make my post from a girlfriendless man position, since I'm one of them, and not like my friend who posted that.
I hope this change your mind, and the mind of all the males that read this too.
From the first couple sentences I know you haven't read everything I wrote. I stopped reading after that.
what a hypocrite.