Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RiotRara You really need an attitude check

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ëzrëal

01-01-2012

Okay, so I was watching the livestream of Riot Rara. She decides to join a rank game during the champion selection. She calls support, stops paying attention and starts to surf Reddit and watch YouTube videos TOTALLY MISSING on the communication of the team. Then she proceeds to pick jungle Amumu, even though Shaco was pretty obvious he was jungling and not the support( as she assumed). Also to mention one of the players said, "THEY'RE DOING A TRADE." Which clearly Rara missed if she hand't begun surfing Reddit. Rara then proceeds to assume Soraka was going mid. Which obviously makes sense right? I mean Soraka doesn't support, when the team needs a support? Regardless, she goes Amumu and keeps smite, not finishing her mastery page, and forcing her to play the support role. Now mind you, if she wasn't busy surfing the internet none of this would have happened. Also, you can't just call out roles and expect to get them.

Now, we all make mistakes, true, but the fact that her attitude was so negative throughout the match is what really bothered me. For example, "Wow I wish this game was over." "Few more minutes until surrender" "It wasn't my fault, it was the bad communication." "Report me, REPORT ME!" If Riot employees are supposed to uphold the Summoner's Code and show a positive attitude; regardless, if they are losing or the team comp is bad, then why is Rara the exception? Yes, it may have been her personal stream and she can do whatever she wants, but you're an employee of popular organization and your behavior represents the company like it or not.

Most likely another Riot staff is probably going to hop in her defense, which won't be surprising. I'm just very eager to know what they're going to say. Regardless, It just saddens me that Riot's well known employee can't even uphold rules and regulations they established. Ironic? Yes. Again, it wasn't that she didn't pay attention in champion selecting and costing her team the game, it was her attitude that was the problem. I would love to hear Rara's side of the story, but it's pretty obvious the behavior she displayed was not needed or appropriate, especially coming from Riot staff member. Now don't get me wrong, my intention is not to bash Rara and think she is a bad person, mind you she is a very sweet and kind person, but she needs to be more aware of her behavior and how it can be a big reflection on Riot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Update: Here's something you guys will find interesting directly from hohums (Riot Employee). He posted in another thread:

Quote:
hohums:
Reds are held to a very high standard as representative of the LOL community and should go above and beyond the summoners code.

While I don't want people putting Reds under the microscope, a banning would be the least of a Red's worries if it was determined they were miss-behaving publicly. I will point out that, with the number of players LOL has, everything we do is closely scrutinized and it's difficult not to upset someone.

However since Riot is so player focused, it goes to great lengths to make sure that people it hires have good attitudes and are good representatives. That means of course if someone is a known real-troll then their chances of being hired by Riot are limited.

Quote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=19208859#post19208859

Again, even homus says, "Reds are held to a very high standard as representative of the LOL community and should go above and beyond the summoners code. " Cleary Rara did not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Update: I have a screenshot of Rara typing in IRC. For incase you guys need more proof of what happened. Basically this was shortly after she read the thread. I'm kind of appalled she refereed to people as "douching" because we're pointing out her attitude. Again, I don't think kind of language is appropriate especially coming from RIOT STAFF MEMBER! She also admitted that she "snapped" so proves my point that she was showing negative attitude toward her game. If you still don't believe me then I really don't know what to tell you. I was also able to get a chat log of the time were Rara displayed negative attitude and decided to AFK during champion selection. I'll post it later when the time comes. @rarasuar is her username.

Quote:
http://i.imgur.com/sTQpn.jpg

* This is the same image as in the attachment.

*Update: Rara viewed the thread, but didn't bother reply. Hope she will soon or another red.

Snackson

01-01-2012

All I got out of this was that you think soraka is a bad mid. Shame on you sir, shame on you.

Hugler

01-01-2012

brb doing tribunal hoping i get this case

Orphamiel II

01-01-2012

Quote:
Hugler:
brb doing tribunal hoping i get this case

100% punish. 1second ban.

Bumhunt

01-01-2012

omg get a ****ing life

DevTheHero

01-01-2012

Sounds comical, lol

Cole840

01-01-2012

Won't be punished, moving on.

Star Piercer

01-01-2012

Reds are supposed to set examples to other players. But I have watched Rara's streams.... bad example is bad.

Bumhunt

01-01-2012

Quote:
DestinedtoGame:
Reds are supposed to set examples to other players. But I have watched Rara's streams.... bad example is bad.

shes playing on rarax3 not riotrara

stop being such a tight ass

Ralfazar

01-01-2012

Oh man, my sister does this all the effing time, starts browsing the effing internet when 'nothing' is happening, hell she does it ingame and I got to yell at her dumb ass on vent to get back into the effing game and stop sitting in the stupid spawn.