[Guide] Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

10-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
Hello! I've been playing your built lately and I have some question.

1. Do you solo lane or do you team up with someone? Cuz right now I always solo mid.

2.Do you jungle alot?

3.When do mid game part start? lvl6? 7? 8?

Always lane with someone. You NEED to get first blood and a few early kills.

2. No jungling, except to pick up golem buff.

3. Mid game starts as soon as you see an opportunity to gank. I've run around ganking at lvl 4 with great success, it just depends on who your teammates are.

Enzeru

10-20-2009

Alright thx for the tips

Fragbox

10-21-2009

Thanks Dream. That helps a lot.

Ruuch

10-22-2009

Just wondering here (and actually I already posted the same question in another thread, but w/e) after the recent change in the damage scaling of katarina's ulti, is the AP build still better than the Attack Damage build?

dreamenddischarger

10-22-2009

Yes.

Coleman

10-22-2009

For the people that don't get why he waits so long for W he has a farming build early game, Q and E used properly can help you make that ultimate item set much faster then wasting a point on W in that respect. His screen shots show he is strategic and defensive minded with the 0 deaths. He basicly seems to play Kat as a carry.

So for those of us who like to play Kat to harass or gank of course we are going to want W earlier so we can WE for the damage and walk out relatively untouched. He doesn't seem to play that way, at least not until he has the items he's comfortable with.

Is his build wrong? No, it's pretty good for defensive strategic players. For those of us who want to early gank with reckless abandon, it's not for us. We aren't the target audience.

dreamenddischarger

10-22-2009

actually, I gank at really early levels, and that is all I do. I just find the W skill pointless because there is no reason to get dodge if the person you gank always runs away from you.

Ruuch

10-22-2009

Another question for you dream... Since the patch that came with the starting of the open beta kinda nerfs Kat's ulti, (again :S) in particular the dmg gained from AP has been lowered from 50% to 40%. So my question is: is the AP build STILL better that the dps build?

Now I'd really prefer a proven answer instead of something where the underlying argument is along the lines of: "I like the AP build more, hence it has to be better".

Thx in advance

dreamenddischarger

10-23-2009

Kat does not have the staying power in teamfights that other melee do. She doesn't have crazy attack speed and the ability to not be slowed like Yi does, nor does she have high attack speed and high dodge for long periods of time like Jax. SHe is a hit and run/chase/ganking champion. These champions just don't do well in team situations. HOWEVER, AP Katarina is able to burst a lot better than DPS Kat through increased damage in shunpo, lich bane procs, and a higher damage ultimate, and is able to escape the fray only to do it over and over again by using Rylai's Scepter.

Physical Kat is very underwhelming, it's akin to AS Rye in terms of damage output. Katarina is inherently a bursty AP hero, and hopefully Riot will change her w skill into something that supports it.

I hope that helped

dreamenddischarger

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
kat does not have the staying power in teamfights that other melee do. She doesn't have crazy attack speed and the ability to not be slowed like yi does, nor does she have high attack speed and high dodge for long periods of time like jax. She is a hit and run/chase/ganking champion. These champions just don't do well in team situations. However, ap katarina is able to burst a lot better than dps kat through increased damage in shunpo, lich bane procs, and a higher damage ultimate, and is able to escape the fray only to do it over and over again by using rylai's scepter.

Physical kat is very underwhelming, it's akin to as rye in terms of damage output. Katarina is inherently a bursty ap hero, and hopefully riot will change her w skill into something that supports it.

I hope that helped
D:

Why can't it be this way again?