[Guide] Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

10-10-2009

Your guide is bad, your kit is bad, you're bad. I've never even heard of any of the players in any of your screenshots, so I'm assuming they're lower tier and don't know how to do anything, because your Kat would get wrecked every single time in a team fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

Member

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
Your guide is bad, your kit is bad, you're bad. I've never even heard of any of the players in any of your screenshots, so I'm assuming they're lower tier and don't know how to do anything, because your Kat would get wrecked every single time in a team fight.
your butthurt is showing bro


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lollerman

Senior Member

10-10-2009

Meh, different play styles people, get over it.

KI's not that useful if you're going to be spamming AP and relying on skills and her CD passive. I don't see many people grabbing KI early if they spam AP, especially Rylais. Maybe 1 point so the daggers shut down healers and lifestealers? Like OP said though, it's very supportive oriented. At best, it's a farming/jungling skill when used in tandem with BB/SP, but one point is enough to get the benefits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schn

Senior Member

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
reasoning?

It slows their whole team in a fight, more damage, and better farming capabilities.
The slow may be valuable but 15% x 4 more uncontrollable bounces with negligible damge over lvl 1 isn't that big of a deal. Using your argument, if you ever need to rely on the bouncing blades to hit anything past the first target, you're not playing right. The slow is much more for the target you actually pick out to throw the blade at. Post-rylai it's likely you're nearing or past the point where your last spell is being leveled anyway.

Quote:
She doesn't need the survivability of 3 seconds of dodge.
That's really beside the point, since she likely doesn't need the extra 3 bounces of BB either. The argument is over which is superior. Now that you can't dodge towers it's probably swung to about even between BB and KI.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

Member

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn View Post
The slow may be valuable but 15% x 4 more uncontrollable bounces with negligible damge over lvl 1 isn't that big of a deal.
Stopped reading there. You want to min/max your stats/skills for the maximum amount of DAMAGE, if you aren't doing that then you shouldn't be playing Kat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rudeboymike

Senior Member

10-11-2009

i definately see that dream maybe being a ******, but so far, hes the only one with screenshots. i think im gonna try his approach first. lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboymike View Post
i definately see that dream maybe being a ******, but so far, hes the only one with screenshots. i think im gonna try his approach first. lol
His shots aren't very good, and I don't know why he calls me butthurt when I've never played him.

Dream, get higher elo and then see if your awful build works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
Stopped reading there. You want to min/max your stats/skills for the maximum amount of DAMAGE, if you aren't doing that then you shouldn't be playing Kat.
Then why are you getting two Rylai's? You could get more mileage out of a different AP item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamenddischarger

Member

10-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by arafel View Post
his shots aren't very good
0/10


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labrynth

Junior Member

10-12-2009

Just did a kind of similar build and went 20-0-19 in a game. My team wasnt at all a premade, but I did happen to lane with a great allistar early game. Going for Ryali's asap really helped. I used to always try and rush Myjai's, but the more HP was the better option in the long run.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunken Bear

Junior Member

10-12-2009

Thanks for the guide! I wasn't paying attention and I accidently selected Kat. I never played her but played against her lots (she always seemed mediocre). So I did what any self respecting newbie should do and looked at the first guide I found (yours). I ended up walking away with this. We also had a leaver.