Graves Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonzen

12-31-2011

I've recently bought Graves but want to know what is the best way to play him and what are the best items for him. I am considering boots, infinity edge, bloodthirster and zeal. But what other items should I get on him? Or should I revise my build entirely?

KeanePoK

01-01-2012

Basic AD. Attack speed boots, i grab a slab of crit to begin with, BF sword, Infinity edge, phantoms.

Get some HP, and then have fun raping with your dash.

Intsikandy

01-01-2012

He's best played as a ranged carry with a support and farm all day, but he can be played in any lane, as a bruiser, or even as a low-tier jungler. Now, this just means he can, but it's not necessarily ideal.

The ideal build for him is either boots three ports or Doran's blade start depending on your lane partner and the matchup. Your early game goals should be Doran's Blade x3 and Berserker Greaves. Mid game goals should include zeal into phantom dancer. Zeal helps augment his quickdraw, which grants him bonus attack speed, while also giving significant amounts of movement speed and crit chance, which gives him the chance to dart around and take down enemies and burst. By late game, best items on him may be Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, and if you'd like some degree of survivability you may take Frozen Mallet or a Banshee's veil as your tanky items, though they aren't ideal. Feel free to build multiple boodthirsters or phantom dancers as they aren't unique and give you the highest damage output, tower pushing capabilities, and exploit your high AD ratios and steroids. This is generally how you build any AD ranged carry, this is very generic.

As for how to play him, his spotlight says it very well, he's a ranged carry who can dash into the frontlines of the battle to deal extra damage. Though you can suicide burst, it's not ideal, the best way to play Graves is as a ranged carry that is played further back from melee so he isn't taking the grunt of the damage, and to appear later after the initial engagement as to not get caught by CC or any impairing effects.

As a jungler, there are guides for it, and as for a solo, just start boots and 3 pots and try to sustain, harass, and farm, it's very similar to bottom lane, only without the usual sustaining support.

HKnux5112

01-01-2012

For some reason, after I get my boots, I always go for Wriggle's Lantern, because of his passive, and my flat defensive seals. He can lane very well and I like that.

Ailurus fulgens

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKnux5112 View Post
For some reason, after I get my boots, I always go for Wriggle's Lantern, because of his passive, and my flat defensive seals. He can lane very well and I like that.
your wrong you forget that vayne has her E wich can stun you if you hit a wall and her ult that renders her invis withQ i beleive i can beat graves with vayne. if where both fed the same.

Kazfiel

01-04-2012

I rush a bloodthirster.

Its lifesteal --> bf sword --> bt --> boots --> phantom --> ie --> phantom.

But I play him mid, the lifesteal is amazing because you can just take pokes, poke back and 30 seconds later theyre still at low health while you're at full.

Kazfiel

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum248 View Post
your wrong you forget that vayne has her E wich can stun you if you hit a wall and her ult that renders her invis withQ i beleive i can beat graves with vayne. if where both fed the same.
You're, believe, we're.

Similarly fed it all depends on skill. Similar skill makes it luck. Graves has higher burst, vayne has a bit more sustain.

Few chars can take 3 seconds of auto attacks which is 7 hits on steroids. A buckshot to the face and graves' ult and live.

Hell, when fed graves can take out an entire team inc tank in a good 6 seconds. Arp and crit chance runes and masteries are needed. Get the 40% ARP bow, ie, 2 phantoms, 2 full bloodthirsters.

Hell he could take out the tank first and live through it because of his passive and lifesteal. I dont think vayne has any aoe, graves has 3. Which all bypass a tank.

But, still, 1v1 its debatable. Vayne has higher overall dmg.

Naristracrates

01-05-2012

I build depending on how the game is going.

Nishaven90

01-05-2012

The way I play Graves:

Start with Dorans Blade.
First time back, buy Boots of Speed
Second time, buy BF Sword, then Bloodthirster
Third time build Berserkers Greaves/Phantom dancer

Now the build varies. Do the enemies have a lot of armour? If not, get Black Cleaver. If so, get Last Whisper. After this item, build an infinity edge, as late game Graves relies on crits. If the enemies have a lot of HP, build a Bloodrazor.

In early game, your Buckshot is your main source of damage. Late game, you rely on Quickdraw for your damage, as the scaling on Buckshot times out by endgame, but still use it for team fights as it is AoE. In a team fight, lead with a smoke, into collateral damage, then into quickdraw, buckshot. Make sure you do not take ANY of the damage from the enemy team, as you have a high damage output, do not rely on your passive to survive damage, it is a bonus for you to take less damage from AoE abilities.

Basically, for the build, main rule for ALL Graves players: DO NOT RUSH ATTACK SPEED. AD>AS