Random FPS Drops.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funz

01-28-2011

I have the same issue and it's getting worse. Before I never experienced FPS issue, it always stays around 30 w/ browser and multiple messengers opened. 3 patches ago I started to have terrible FPS issue, throughout the game FPS stays between 3-8. The patch before last patch had improved the problem significantly but it still drops every 2-3 minutes from 30 to 2-8. The more game you play, the worse it will get. Last patch which happened to be yesterday worsen the FPS. Every 30 sec FPS drops for another 30 sec from 30 to 3. Now basically half of the game I move frame by frame. Btw all the above situations are game booster enabled, lowest graphic setting, and already set the client to low priority. Last game I monitored task manager, LoLclient.exe uses CPU periodically, and FPS will always drop like crazy.

Shaosters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2011

same problem here i have ati 5770 and getting 80-100+ fps but every once awhile my fps drops to 20 and it stay there for about 20-30 seconds its very annoying especially when your about to go into a team fight.

Amalfi

02-12-2011

i have the same issue
i close every program and app before playing, then u turn on gamebooster to close everything i missed, after that i close explorer.exe, i lower priority on lol client and lol launcher, set top priority on league of legends.exe and lower my game settings to six feet under, with all that ritual done i can start playing at around 15 fps (yes my pc sucks) but every once in a while (every 5 mins) my fps drops to 2-3 (whose whining about 20 fps havent been to hell), and i hate that it seems to happen without a cause and stays for about 2 mins then returns to normal plz halp me what should i do

TL;DR
my fps drops from 15 to 3 without a cause

6wwcCgewp44dfC3a

03-17-2011

I don't rly understand what they mean but if u check in the end of everyones r3dlog, there are some kind of warning. Something like this:
WARN| r3dRenderLayer::FlushTextures: The following texture was not released: "data\spells\textures\globallinemissiletarget. DDS" ref count 1.

My FPS drop almost allways comes after been playing about 30 min. Few times in the beginning of the game...
Hope this issue is getting solved soon!

Darknotical

03-17-2011

Curious to know, if your leg is hurting, why treat your arm. Just trying to say, if you use some logical sense, it seems graphics and performance is not the issue. More so the issue is the game client itself doing something to cause these short bursts of fps drop that some people are getting. Personally, ever since this patch I have been getting them for 30 seconds every match, once or twice. I have found also that it has a set interval that is not completely random. More then once, about 4 or 5 times this fps drop has happened exactly at 23 mins into my game. Now they have happened at other times, but it has not always been so random. So even if you had the best computer in the world that had the best graphic card, you would still get this. Just a thought I wanted to throw around, just a curious way to think of how this is effecting us.

-Before patch I was stable and still am right now, my fps is at a safe 60 set with vert. Its only once or twice a game this happens.

6wwcCgewp44dfC3a

03-21-2011

I have just discovered that i don't get any more FPS drops when i delete LOLclient from the process in task manager when getting up to the hero-loading screen. I've been playing games in about 50min without any drops when doing this.
So it seems that there is a bug with the new net chat service, am i right?

Anyway, hope this would help some of you. You will not see the stats after playing a game and you will need to log in to LoL again, but you will hopefully play a stable game.

Cheers!

Krikox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2011

plz help the same issue here with an ati mobility 4330 hd

Amasis

03-27-2011

Just wanted to say, I experienced a similar problem over the past few days, in which my fps would drop from 30ish to between 2-10 fps with no apparent cause, at random times during the game. I posted this issue in another thread...but about a day ago, my graphics card fan became loose and stop running for the most part. I changed it out to an old card (I got the card as a gift in December, but I never got rid of the old one, which is an 8800GT) and the problem has seem to resolve itself. I can't play some other games as well (Rift) but I can still play them with it.

Seems my gfx card was dying, or LoLs was killing it? I dunno but changing it back seems to have worked. The card with the now broken fan was also an Nvidia card, PNY something something but it is 1GB memory as opposed to the 256MB of the 8800GT. I'm saddened.

xTLC

03-27-2011

=[ i have a Geforce 9600M GS graphics card 4gb ram and intel duel core processor
i dunno why i have the random drops to 5 fps either when i play for about 30+ mins

Krikox

03-27-2011

bump