Having a January 1st birthday kinda sucks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Because everybody is gone or busy.

Seriously, that and 99% of the time when someone finds out you were born then they exclaim loudly, "OHHHHHH YOU WERE A NEW YEARS BABY!!!!!" (Don't do this, ever.)

That, and my brothers have a long standing tradition of finding new and exciting ways of ruining it.

So yeah, at least one person doesn't like New Years Day.

Scarlena

12-31-2011

First world problems.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

First world problems are just as relevant as third world problems.

They're all relative to how you were raised, you can't say that a business man is a giant weak guy because he can't go hunt alligators like that Australian, or that the Australian is stupid because he's not a CFO for a fortune 500 company.

It's all relative and perspective, and yeah, I'm feeling debatey right now.

Pandaphilophobe

12-31-2011

Out of curiosity, what kinds of things do your brothers pull?

Pandaphilophobe

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlySilent View Post
First world problems are just as relevant as third world problems.

They're all relative to how you were raised, you can't say that a business man is a giant weak guy because he can't go hunt alligators like that Australian, or that the Australian is stupid because he's not a CFO for a fortune 500 company.

It's all relative and perspective, and yeah, I'm feeling debatey right now.
Scarlena is saying that your problems are miniscule compared to the kind of **** people in, say, Mexico or Africa have to deal with. While true, it doesn't have much bearing on this thread.

Edit: And Australia is not a third world country...

Scarlena

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTLE View Post
Scarlena is saying that your problems are miniscule compared to the kind of **** people in, say, Mexico or Africa have to deal with. While true, it doesn't have much bearing on this thread.

I'm also saying the OP needs better things to worry about.

MostlySilent

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTLE View Post

I understand that, it's just that they're the same in terms of how severe they are due to different lifestyles and such.

I didn't mean Australia was a third world country, I was using the Australian strong-man stereotype as a tool in a comparison.

Anyway, my brothers get interesting. Such as two years ago, where they applied static electricity to my motherboard while I wasn't around.

Pandaphilophobe

12-31-2011

Quote:
I understand that, it's just that they're the same in terms of how severe they are due to different lifestyles and such.
Not really, no. Just because your standard of living is higher doesn't mean "gf dumped me" is equivalent to "I had to watch my mother have one of her arms amputated due a disease she contracted"

Pandaphilophobe

12-31-2011

Quote:

I didn't mean Australia was a third world country, I was using the Australian strong-man stereotype as a tool in a comparison.

Anyway, my brothers get interesting. Such as two years ago, where they applied static electricity to my motherboard while I wasn't around.
Next time they do something like that, you should scream and then collapse and pretend to have been killed by it (if it seems at all plausible.)

Sailor Cosmos

12-31-2011

AWWW, A NEW YEAR'S BABY!!!!

:>P

It's just a day. Some people are born on April 20.

Technically, everyone is celebrating your Birthday.