[Decagon's Fan Fiction] - The Explorer and The Exile

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Decagon

12-31-2011

Note : I don't plan to take any champion and put them out of character but if I do, I apologize. And yes, this is the intro.

The ground exploded from the impact of a ball of void energy, Ezreal was pulled away from the Crystal as he bellowed, “What the hell are you doing ?!”

“I am the chosen one. For I, Malzahar, will combine the Void and Runeterra into one !” Malzahar’s voice echoed throughout the depth of the blue-lit cavern.

Malzahar prepares another spell as he spreads his hands wide opening two gates of the voids which releases a beam horizontally of each gate. Ezreal leaps backward avoiding the attack.

“Malzahar, I trusted you !” Ezreal angrily yelled. “You told me the void was about to collapse due to the lack of energy !”

“You were a fool, Explorer. You are merely a tool for my work. For that, I thank you. But now I no longer have any need for you. I will not end you now for I will allow you to witness the beauty of the merge between your world and the void.” Malzahar bellowed proudly as he picks up Crystal from the wall.

Opening the gates into the world of the Void, he enters the gates and disappears from Ezreal’s sight. The Crystal was the second source of an extremely high magical energy that is required to be kept safe as mentioned by Xerath. Clenching his fist tightly as he swallowed the regrets he made by trusting Malzahar, he could hear the the sounds of his name echoing.

“Ezreal !” Riven yelled out.

Not wanting to say anything else, he was had no other choice but to tell her the truth, “I lost the Crystal... He got away with it.”

“No... That can’t be, he told us that we could share the power of the Crystal. He said that Crystal could grant wishes for those who-” Interrupted by Ezreal who grabbed on her shoulders she remained silent.

“Listen, Riven. The things you want can’t be given to you so easily. The things that Xerath told us is just that it contains a lot of Magical powers. Malzahar said it could grant us wishes but in the end he lied to us...” Ezreal said forcefully.

Riven’s voice and eyes became teary, “All I wanted is to go back to the past... I just want to fix my past...”

Ezreal chuckled as he takes his right arm and wrapped around Riven who had an urge to cry.

“You don’t have to cry. Remember when we first met, you looked very excited and determined to find the Crystal. When we embarked on this journey, we laughed, we ventured across the world, we did a lot of things together.” Ezreal said in a soft and gentle voice.

Riven nodded silently as she pours out her sadness out.

“It’s not over. We still have to beat the hell out of that b*astard, right ?” Ezreal amusingly told her.

Riven laughed a little and agreed, “Yeah, but... Why did he needed that Crystal ?

“To Merge Runeterra and Void into one. That could just destroy everything in here because the properties in the Void does not meet the requirement for us Humans to live in.” Ezreal explained.

“Where is he going now ?!” Riven asked desperately and in fear.

“I’m not sure but Xerath should know since he has the level of knowledge that we need.” Ezreal replied but with a smile but as he takes his hand out he asked, “Ready to go on an adventure with me ?”

Riven smiled and took his hand and nodded, “Yeah, let’s go !”

To Be Continued ?

(Sorry for making the story too short but I'll make longer ones in the future if the community likes my story. )

Yes, let's continue !

“Xerath !”

Xerath wakes up from his slumber glaring at the two characters with curiosity.

“The two of you do not look as calm as before. What is the situation ?” Xerath asked.

“Malzahar... He... got away with the Crystal.” Ezreal told Xerath while looking down in despair.

Xerath remained calm, “Is that so ? Then, we will just have to stop them.”

“You’ll help us ?” Riven walked up to him and asked.

“Of course but the one to stop him will not be me for I have another errand to run.” Xerath replied.

Ezreal and Riven looked at each other in confusion. Knowing that Xerath holds an extremely high amount of magic to face against Malzahar. Xerath took something from his electrified body.

“Use this to your advantage, it is the best I can do.”

“You’re joking , right ?! The future of the world is -” Ezreal was yelling to Xerath when he got interrupted.

“You do not understand, Ezreal. As for now, leave that aside. The place to hold the power of Crystal. Go to the Heart of Ionia and climb up to it’s highest. From there, Do whatever you can.”

“Do what I can ? The moment I faced Malzahar...”

“Use my Inner-Spark that I gave you, It will serve you well in your upcoming battles.” Xerath explained to him.

“What about Riven ?” Ezreal questioned.

“She is strong at her current state. She will be a good assistance to you.” Xerath replied.

“Ezreal, we don’t have much time. It won’t be long until Malzahar brings the Void to this world.” Riven hurried Ezreal worriedly.

“The girl is right. Go.” Xerath said as his final words.

Ezreal and Riven turned around and took off without saying anything else. Ezreal placed Xerath’s Inner-Spark in a container and carried it with him.

Riven opened her mouth and asked, “Ezreal, during that battle with Malzahar... What happened ?”

“Well... It didn’t go well as planned.” Ezreal started to explain the story behind it.

Ezreal was hiding behind the giant rock as Malzahar floats towards the Crystal. At that moment, Malzahar and Ezreal were allies working together in search of the Crystal.

“This will get dangerous, Brace yourself.” Malzahar told Ezreal.

“Don’t worry about me. Your void powers is able to hold that Crystal , right ?” Ezreal asked.

“That is correct.” Malzahar replied

Coating his hands with void energy he takes hold of the Crystal in front of him and pulled it with all his might. Easily, it was removed from the walls.

“We got it...?” Ezreal questioned with a hopeful look.

“Yes.” Malzahar replied monotoned.

“Awesome ! Riven will be so happy... I can’t wait to see that look on her face.” Ezreal cheerfully said.

“The creatures of the void too.” Malzahar murmured.

“The void ?”

Malzahar’s eyes glowed purple as he taps little magic from the Crystal for his own. He placed the Crystal in a special container and keeps it safe in his bag.

“W-What are you doing ?” Ezreal said confusingly.

“The power is now mine at last. The rumours were true ! This Crystal will serve a greater purpose other than your puny dreams.”

“Stop joking around and be serious, Malzahar !!”

“I AM SERIOUS !” Malzahar yelled while laughing.

Ezreal grits his teeth in anger, “We helped each other out, Isn’t it fair to share what he obtained ?!”

“True, I will share the pleasure of letting you watch your world fall into demise.” Malzahar told him with a grin on his face.

“Is that what you truly wish for... ?”

“You still think this Crystal is for making some kind of wish... How idiotic can you be ?! This Crystal holds a huge amount of magic so I can open a colossal gate and bring the Void into this pathetic world of yours.” Malzahar explained it to Ezreal.

“You used us... but more importantly... What will Riven think,.huh ?” Ezreal asked with a shattering voice.

“How the f*ck would I know ? Just let her cry, it wouldn’t matter anyway now that I got this power.” Malzahar amusingly replied.

Not being able to take it any longer Ezreal snaps, “MALZAHAAAAAAR !”

Ezreal emits his gauntlet with energy and blows the ground causing an impact. Ezreal took the air, clenching his fists tightly as his feelings were. Ezreal pounds his fist on Malzahar’s face pushing him back into the walls of the cave causing the rocks to crumble down.

Ezreal lands on the ground with a grim face. The aura of his magic could be felt by Malzahar knowing that this was a problem. He crawled out of the hole of the impact with a bleeding smile.

“That’s one strong punch... “ Malzahar wipes the bleeding away while getting serious.

Without giving Malzahar any chance, Ezreal dashed forward with his readied gauntlet while finding an opening.

“I will destroy you !” Malzahar claps his hand together enveloping a void energy around the two hands. A huge ball of void magic was created as he pushes all that power onto Ezreal.

Ezreal steps to his side as the ball of energy exploded but he was caught in the impact and was pushed off. Almost falling to the ground, Ezreal maintained his balance and creates a bow out of his gauntlet.

A huge golden arc shaped itself as Ezreal releases all that power right for Malzahar. However, he was not hesitant.

“Thank you for your contribution.”

The energy collides with Malzahar but the power dispersed itself.

“What... ?” Ezreal said with a shocking tone.

“The Crystal absorbs any kind of magic if it got hit. You should know that, right ?” Malzahar explained to Ezreal.

Ezreal froze on the spot knowing that this is impossible. Malzahar finally reacts as he had finally won the battle.

To Be Continued, Again ?

Cerubois

12-31-2011

You seem to have a possibly interesting plot going. It's hard to tell, since we're kind of thrown straight into the middle of it without much description.
I know that it's exciting as the author to skip right to a climax, but in order to keep the reader captivated, you'll need to explain what's going on. I hope that's what you mean by writing more. A good way to accomplish this, seeing as you've declared this the introduction, would be to make this a sort of flash-forward, and write from the beginning to this point next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Rivenís voice and eyes became teary as if she was about to burst into tears
You might want to give that sentence a bit of an edit. :P

nyarlaBROtep

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
You seem to have a possibly interesting plot going. It's hard to tell, since we're kind of thrown straight into the middle of it without much description.
I know that it's exciting as the author to skip right to a climax, but in order to keep the reader captivated, you'll need to explain what's going on. I hope that's what you mean by writing more. A good way to accomplish this, seeing as you've declared this the introduction, would be to make this a sort of flash-forward, and write from the beginning to this point next.
It's like starting in the Second Act in the story board, how I'm looking at it. I like the plot to it so far but starting from here or when they found the crystal will have me reading it.

+1

Elsaliss

01-02-2012

Quote:
Ezreal was pulled away from the Crystal as he bellowed
Quote:
he enters the gates and disappears from Ezrealís sight.
Quote:
Riven smiled and took his hand and nodded
So you see, you switch tenses. If this was supposed to be a flash foward as it seems, this will be a big problem (it kind of is anyway since you shouldn't switch tenses in your writing).

Decagon

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Warden View Post
So you see, you switch tenses. If this was supposed to be a flash foward as it seems, this will be a big problem (it kind of is anyway since you shouldn't switch tenses in your writing).
Omg sorry ! I'm still not used to controlling my tenses but I will keep practicing !

Thanks for the advice.

Decagon

01-13-2012

Updated.