Blood Thirster vs Gun Blade on Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodShepperd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

so I've just started playing Jax and I'm wondering whether gunblade is really worth it compared to Blood thirster.

I did some math and
Q: gains 100 damage from bloodthirster, and 87 damage from gunblade
W on an autoattack: gains 84 damage from gunblade and 140 damage from bloodthirster
E: gains 42 damage from gunblade
R: (which is just an buffed auto attack) gains 87 damage from gunblade and 100 from bloodhthirster

so bloodthirster gives him way more damage, which make sense cuz he scales very well with attack damage sense two of his scales scale with it and he relies on autoattacks

so with the bloodthirster you get more damage, and more lifesteal for less cost
and with gunblade you get the active, the spell vamp, and its more stable since u cant lose stacks.

what do you guys think? The way I build Jax I focus on buying more attack damage since his kit does so much magic damage on its own, adding alot of physical damage from his auto attacks makes his damage hard to mitigate

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

The problem with BT is it's hard to keep the 40 stacks to keep it at 100. The Gunblade has the spell vamp, which is important since quite a bit of Jax's damage is magic. Plus the active slow from the Gunblade, which is nice as Jax's only CC is a conditional stun. Really, it's up to you, but I personally like the Gunblade.

IHunter

12-31-2011

Don't forget the active on Gunblade, too. I agree with Adrian Umbra, that it's unfeasible to keep 40 stacks on Bloodthirster throughout the entire game.

GoodShepperd

12-31-2011

yea i had a feeling that the blood thirster stacks were gonna be the biggest reason to avoid using it, Jax isn't a carry who can stand in the back so he's more likely to die and lose stacks in a big fight