so im about to get a laptop with an i5 processor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hello Darkness

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinep View Post
Your Best Buy is way off from any I've ever been to. Been building PCs for ~15 years now, and I've *never* received a reasonable answer out of any Best Buy employee. Yes, I ask the guys in the computer section.

Generally what I hear is somebody saying "My computer is really slowing down when I open my email, do you have anything that will fix it?" answered by "Well it sounds like you need a new computer."
Meh, maybe you're right. Depends on the store I guess. And the associate. Personally I'd be either giving them advice on how to defrag their hard drive/explain why they need to uninstall unused programs or, if they don't seem competent enough to do it themselves constantly, offer them one of those pc tune up programs like TuneUp Utilities 2012... Best Buy does have that whole geek squad thing too so that's another option the associate should be offering.

I am mostly basing what I'm saying on how I personally would act in these situations, so its possible that there are lots of employees that don't know better. I just hope there aren't :/

sammich kek

12-31-2011

I would highly recommend not using a department store, seeing as tax and markups will have you spending an extra $400-$500.

I found a laptop at bestbuy that was $1,599.... I googled it from the store and found it online for $1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by I BE MATT View Post
so if i get an i5 with intergrated u guys think it will be able to run lol fine at good fps, even with a web browser up?

and also games like counter strike, terraria, etc.

Nope, you will be playing on low-medium with integrated graphics with serious dips in teamfights. I had an Asus laptop with an I5 and GT335m (nvidia card) that could barely do medium graphics at 1600x900.

Maybe you should tell us how much you want to spend, and i'll pick something off of Newegg.com that will be better than anything you will find in a store.

I BE MATT

01-01-2012

k heres an update, i found 2 laptops, a dell intel core i5 processor with turbo boost and 4 way processing

also found a toshiba intel core i3 processor with 4 way processing

the i5 is 599.99 and i3 is 399.99 which do u guys think i should pick, im just looking for something that can run LoL on low settings and maybe with a web browser up the the backround without lagging

I BE MATT

01-01-2012

k heres another update i just found another one it is an HP with AMD quad core a6 accelerated processor with radeon hd 6520G discrete class graphics i think i might get this one :O

sammich kek

01-01-2012

Quote:
k heres another update i just found another one it is an HP with AMD quad core a6 accelerated processor with radeon hd 6520G discrete class graphics i think i might get this one :O
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+6520G

My guess is it will play the game on medium at a stable fps

coquettishmaid

01-01-2012

start -> search bar -> dxdiag -> display -> read -> ??? -> PROFIT

Blu3Boy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Quote:
well im going to either staples or best buy to get it tommorow but i know for sure it will be an i5 and most likely an HP

i just dont know how to tell if the graphics are integrated or not
Really, the only way is to just have it memorized. But I can tell you 1 thing, it it's under 600 dollars, it's either integrated, or dedicated from 2005