so im about to get a laptop with an i5 processor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awxrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

It should specify which graphics card it is. If you think that it might be an integrated, double check: it just might be switchable graphics.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Generally if they don't tell you specifically that it has a dedicated gpu (ex. an nvidia XXXM or ati radeon XXXX or whatever the hell the numbers are at now), it's pretty likely it uses integrated graphics. Heck, sometimes the tell you that it does use integrated graphics and try to pass it off as a great feature.

Sinep

12-31-2011

If it's not integrated it will be ATi 5xxx or nVidia GT something, most likely.

I would use this list:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Anything that can run Skyrim on 'low' can probably run LoL on at least medium.

GG GarciaKevz

12-31-2011

it should say the specs somewhere ....ask the guys at the shop, if ur buying online it should definately say the specs anyways...

I BE MATT

12-31-2011

im just worried that i might spend 500-600 on this laptop and it wont be able to run the games i want to play

PwnMart

12-31-2011

Any intagrated laptop can run Lol, but most likely on low. Again, unless you really need a laptop, just get a desktop. I got my laptop last Christmas and I've regretted it almost from day one, it doesn't leave my room.

Edit: A 600 dollar laptop will not have a graphic card in it unless it's refurbished.

Uncle Dongo

12-31-2011

My laptop is some HP one with an i5 and a non integrated card and i run League on high. It was about $900.

Hello Darkness

12-31-2011

@ I Be Matt

As a Best Buy employee myself, you should firstly ask the people in the computer department this question. Other way to do it is to go to the device manager on the display model (go through the control panel) and then click the drop down for display adapters. If it says something about "intel chipset" (i forget the exact words offhand) then it doesn't have a graphics card. If it says something about ATI or NVIDIA then you do have a graphics card.

If your best buy has the same display models as my store does, I'd recommend looking at Asus, Samsung, Toshiba, or HP (I hesitate with HP normally but lately they've been having lower priced laptops with graphics cards in them, and their quality has gone up in recent years). All the brands are an option but these in my opinion give you the best specs for your money (except maybe samsung, some of their computers can be overpriced... again, ask an employee)

Hope this helps

Edit: you should be able to get a laptop that runs LoL on max settings no prob if you're looking in the i5 range.... That's actually what I play it on. I have an Asus, incase you were curious as to what I prefer.

As a side note, if you're planning on getting a laptop for gaming, get a lapdesk. Higher end laptops have a tendency to overheat easier, especially if you sit on the bed with them when not gaming. Best Buy has one for like 30~ bucks that has a pull out for a mouse and a cupholder... pretty fancy if you ask me and will save you from having to replace a motherboard or something (happened to me :/)

TehPwnator

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I BE MATT View Post
so if i get an i5 with intergrated u guys think it will be able to run lol fine at good fps, even with a web browser up?

and also games like counter strike, terraria, etc.
I run LoL at 30fps with an I3 and integrated graphics so you should be more than fine to run it on medium settings with some good fps

Sinep

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnMart View Post
ask the people at the store before you buy it.
Ahhhhh!!!

TERRIBLE idea. Most big chain stores that sell laptops don't hire employees who are knowledgeable about the products they're selling. Nothing against retail associates, but I wouldn't expect them to know the answer to that. They're trained to get you to buy something, and that's it. So yeah, they'll tell you it'll run whatever.