Swain Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Hi there

Quite simply, what is the ideal build for Swain? I understand he is quite versatile, but is there a "core" build that you still build no matter what?

I imagine boots + 3 pots/doran -> 2nd doran/catalyst -> RoA -> Deathcap, and then build accordinly, but I'm not sure if thats good.

In terms of masteries, what should I go? I've been going 9/21/0 so he has some offensive power with quite a bit of tankiness to him, but others have said 21/0/9 works better. Pretty much each and every Swain guide says something different.

Thanks

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Try this out: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-swain-guide

Im testing out masteries at the moment aswell. I'm liking 21/0/9 thus far.

BendyBread

01-01-2012

Thanks, that did help a little bit.

Kyrocturas

01-01-2012

For the Masteries, I actually like to run a 9/21/0. Gives him quite a bit of defense, and some nice endgame CDR. The utility tree doesn't really do it for me. Swain's damage output is useless if you can't survive long enough for his DoT's to even do anything so I like to stay alive. The item build in that guide is pretty decent but I find Doran's ring is really unnecessary if you're good enough at last hitting. I don't always buy a Zhonya's because I don't always need it, where with my usual build the Abyssal Scepter is always bought.

Something Snazzy

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelebomb4Life View Post
For the Masteries, I actually like to run a 9/21/0. Gives him quite a bit of defense, and some nice endgame CDR. The utility tree doesn't really do it for me. Swain's damage output is useless if you can't survive long enough for his DoT's to even do anything so I like to stay alive. The item build in that guide is pretty decent but I find Doran's ring is really unnecessary if you're good enough at last hitting. I don't always buy a Zhonya's because I don't always need it, where with my usual build the Abyssal Scepter is always bought.
Try going 9/15/6 masteries. You get the 12 main defensive masteries plus the cool down. And, Swain seems to have slight mana problems, even with RoA. But the 6 into the utility solves that problem perfectly, which means more runes for other stuff. Oh, and I like the extra point into utility for the summoner skill buffs, particularly if I end up going solo top and grabbing tele and flash.

*edit* Oh, and it is really nice for skipping dorans and starting boots or rushing catalyst.

knormanx

01-02-2012

start with sapphire cyrstal, rush rod. Get boots when you feel its needed.

ung0d1y

01-02-2012

I prefer making a Archangels. It allows me to sustain ravenous flock much more effectively.

My builds a little different but i usually go boots + pots if enemy team is fast or if not meki pendant + pots, work that into a tear of the goddess then focus on RoA while the tear gains its bonuses. Sorcerers shoes, Ryalis, void staff, finish the arch then needlessly rod turning that eventually into a rabadons death cap if the match drags on.

InflectiousGroov

01-02-2012

I'm only lvl 23 Summoner so I havent completed my skill tree or runes yet but my last couple of Swain games have been my best with him by far after changing some of my build.

At the moment my skill tree is 14/9/0 going for AP and health boosts. My runes at the moment are Flat MagicPen Marks, Flat Armor Seals and Flat MagicResistance Glyphs with AP Quints.

My item build is as follows:
Doran's Shield (gives great sustain early game)
Hextech Revolver (AP + spell vamp = greater sustain)
Boots
Will of the Ancients
Sorc Shoes
RoA
Rylai's
Rabadon's