Riot do you care about Dominion at all?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kierloway

01-12-2012

I play plenty...in fact I only play Dominion. I thrive in chaotic games like this.

Kierloway

01-12-2012

I don't know what people are talking about here. I usually play between 7p-1a central time a few nights a week and I have no problems getting into games. What are these balancing problems refer to? You know what my answer is to balancing issues? ALISTAR.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierloway View Post
i don't know what people are talking about here. I usually play between 7p-1a central time a few nights a week and i have no problems getting into games. What are these balancing problems refer to? You know what my answer is to balancing issues? Alistar.
aliens!

MVpmack

01-12-2012

The champion balance in Dom is much better than the champion balance in Classic.

Classic is about 50% viable, Dom is like 80-85%. People hear that certain champs are imba, so they pick them. Oh noes, just like SR. People aren't going to play more Kennen or Swain or Xerath (all of which are good on Dom) even if they're strong picks. People pick GP and XZ and Trynd because they think those champs are cool.

Also, yes Rammus is probably somewhat of a problem, but Shaco is not. Anyone who thinks Shaco is imbalanced on Dom should play as him. Seriously.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

The funny thing is that Swain is a lot better than GP, XZ and trynd. GP and trynd are not that great and common on, poor xin is crippled even in classic.

mainomai

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Yes, the live team is now managing Dominion, with Geeves at the helm. To my understanding they're currently doing research as to what the best way to move forward beyond small balance tweaks is.
Best course of action is start/shift focus to the next new game mode.

Dominion is fantastic, you guys did great. Can't wait to see what's next.

Narog

01-12-2012

they care less than SR for sure , they made changes to dominion lower 20% the gold gain and they just let it die

Magicapples

01-12-2012

ranked dominion will make that map take off.

Magicapples

01-12-2012

there was a change to dominion in the last few months (not sure when, i travel a lot).
When i take in my "win" champs, i think i win 4/5 dominions. and used to have page after page in my match history of 1st or 2nd place. and when i lost i always had 1st place on my team.

now, i still win the same percent, but I am usually last place. something changed in the scoring that I don't think reflects what it takes to win dominion and so i have gone back to SR because I think Riot f'd up the direction on that map.

Ascleph

01-12-2012

Score didnt matter in the past and it still doesnt matter now. If you are just chasing score you may actually be the worst player in your team.