Riot do you care about Dominion at all?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Utensil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

In short....nope.

If curious as to why, I would be glad to list several answers. Until then I am bored and don't feel like typing these out.

Asmonok

01-01-2012

I think people just need to learn patients. Id rather them take there time and do things right then get a rush job update that has flaws just for the sake of seeing instant results.

Personally I love playing dominion more so then I ever did sr. I think its an interesting and fun concept. I even started visiting the website and dominion forums multiple times a day just to read the comments of other people who enjoy it as well.

In the long run they will get dominion where it needs to be. SR wasnt balanced overnight and dominion wont be either. So I will happily tolerate the long que times and an assortment of things that just feel "off" ingame.

Snazzy Pants

01-01-2012

I don't understand why people don't like dominion or don't play it. SR is too boring for me - I was at 1500 elo at one point and I don't even know how to play it anymore. Ever since dominion hit it's all I've been playing.

I hope dominion ranked comes out soon. =)

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I'd be interested in reading this, especially with regards to Dominion. If you post here in this forum I'll definitely see it and respond.
box stacking needs a change for starters. teemo mushrooms are a dot specifically because you shouldn't die instantly after walking onto 5 of them. why are jitb not like this? it's way too easy to abuse on dominion.

Doflamingo51

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Yes, the live team is now managing Dominion, with Geeves at the helm. To my understanding they're currently doing research as to what the best way to move forward beyond small balance tweaks is.
Is ranked coming? I thought it would have been great to have it at the start of Season 2. Then it could have been included at Dream Hack, having the top Dominion teams go there and compete.

V33T

01-01-2012

in my opinion trash diminion and make an 8v8 map

Ascleph

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoops View Post
in my opinion trash digimon and make an 8v8 map
wth?

HurffDerp

01-01-2012

I just started recently and after reading this it makes me wonder is people are just kinda biased to liking classic because the played it for so long. I tried both but ended up playing dominion and not really looking back too much at classic. from a new player perspective dominion offers imo a much cleaner experience more in line with what I was actually expecting from the game when I was looking in to it.

Classic is fun don't get me wrong but theres an awful lot of build up in classic before you get to the climax in the end of the match, dominion offers more of the "instant gratification" type game play typical of most pvp games which most certainly has strong appeal as you have no doubt seen in the success of other games.

As far as the map goes I can't really complain about it. To me it seems well balanced, the speed boosts are cool , the health packs make for some interesting encounters , theres plenty of grass to hide in , and you can chop some minions if you feel like it.

Any way TLDR Dominion is Awesome

Doflamingo51

01-01-2012

I agree, Dominion is awesome. I just don't want to see it go down the same path that TT went down.

Kari Arisu

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenshi View Post
Just release ranked for it. You won't make any real discoveries until more people play it and that won't happen under normal game or nothing circumstances.
This.
I don't currently play Dominion, but I'd enjoy playing it more just to have an elo to raise for it.

1234567 ... 9