Riot do you care about Dominion at all?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doflamingo51

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

From reading the forums and seeing a huge lack of red post in this section, it seems like you guys have just given up on Dominion, as opposed to taking the time to making it a better game mode. Yet when a thread in GD is made Reds are more than happy to answer question or concerns.

It's a great game mode, nice change from SR..but it seems like it did not go as you had planned, so rather than take the time to make changes, add ranked, balance, etc you are just neglecting it and putting all your efforts towards SR. Which I do understand is the more popular map..but you put so much work into Dominion isn't it worth marketing more, trying to expand the Dominion player base?

I would really like to hear a red post, about what they are doing currently, and what they plan to do with Dominion to better the game, and get more people playing it!

Vellusix

12-31-2011

People don't wanna play it, not much they can do about it.

Phourc

12-31-2011

Brackhar was pretty forum-active when he was heading up dominion, but as I understand it he's passed the reins to the live team, meaning they have to balance dominion and SR concerns for what to work on next.. Nor do I ever see them in this subforum so who knows ):

I do know there's quite a few changes 'in the works', but I don't know if they're in the same works as the stealth rework or not xP

ViolentlyCar

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellusix View Post
The strong perception that Riot doesn't care about it is scaring people away. I usually have a ton of faith in Riot, but the fact that pretty much only Brackhar and ricklessabandon, two people who are not on the live team, are talking much about it makes me very concerned for its future.

Cherokeepimp

12-31-2011

The reality is they don't care.

Brackhar

Features Designer

12-31-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Brackhar was pretty forum-active when he was heading up dominion, but as I understand it he's passed the reins to the live team, meaning they have to balance dominion and SR concerns for what to work on next.. Nor do I ever see them in this subforum so who knows ):

I do know there's quite a few changes 'in the works', but I don't know if they're in the same works as the stealth rework or not xP
Yes, the live team is now managing Dominion, with Geeves at the helm. To my understanding they're currently doing research as to what the best way to move forward beyond small balance tweaks is.

Chavez Obama

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Yes, the live team is now managing Dominion, with Geeves at the helm. To my understanding they're currently doing research as to what the best way to move forward beyond small balance tweaks is.

This makes sense. So from this, it would also make sense to get any major balance changes done before introducing ranked?

Also thanks for the update

Myrmidont

12-31-2011

I feel that movement around the edges of the map isn't really worth while or all that interesting gameplay wise, the middle of the map has all the utility, all the buffs, except for the ones right at all the important cap points....all the outside of the map has is gold in come and pushing to get towers, as a place for movement or combat, it just isn't as interesting, theres no motive compared to the middle the sides pretty meh

and yet the edges are where a lot of the "fight or die" stuff happens :C

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

champions like shaco and vayne are easy to balance because they're overpowered on both maps!

can we have ranked yet

PrometheanRage

12-31-2011

Quote:
hmm, that's funny - my queues are under 10 seconds, usually. that would seem to indicate that there are lots of people wanting to play it.

all i know is that without dominion, i wouldn't be playing LoL hardly at all. too much rage in SR, too many hour-long games that were lost at 10 minutes, too much last hitting, not enough pvp.

12345 ... 9