Is playing computer games more real than watching sports?

Yes, playing computer games is more real than watching sports. 9 50.00%
Live and let live. 6 33.33%
No, watching sports is more real than playing computer games. 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Computer Games vs. Watching Sports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2011

Recently I got to thinking, which is more real, playing computer games or watching sports; computer games are often described as something "virtual" and basically just not real. While watching sports is an accepted.. hobby of many many people.

But, and this may of course be biased, I think that playing computer games is much more real, since you're actually interacting with something and someone. Instead of watching a motion picture of someone else moving about.

Thoughts?

Human 326

12-31-2011

Watching other people play a video game is, to me, just a pointless as watching other people play a sport. I'd much rather play a game I enjoy than watch other people do it.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2011

Well yes, but I'm talking about playing video games vs. watching other people playing a sport.

Human 326

12-31-2011

I see, I see. What does real mean to you in relation to your opening question?

Blu3Boy

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
Well yes, but I'm talking about playing video games vs. watching other people playing a sport.

Playing video games for sure. I'd rather be playing the sport than watching people play it, so video games.

And I don't know about others, but I'd rather play sports than watch others play a video game. It's just that I dislike being a spectator.

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human 326 View Post
I see, I see. What does real mean to you in relation to your opening question?
As opposed to virtual; something that has little to no effect on your "real" life.

Human 326

12-31-2011

Ah, okay. Would you say sitting in front of a television watching football has much of an effect on your life?

Jesus the Friend

12-31-2011

PLAYING computer games vs WATCHING sports?

I believe interacting is always better than not interacting.

Dragoeth

12-31-2011

I don't like watching sports personally. But that is mostly cause I'm surrounded by people who think that watching sports is "manly" while I like to argue that sports are only manly if you are in fact playing yourself. This of course results in people getting sore and telling me I'm not a real man for not liking sports and blah blah blah...

I avoid sports like the plague and people who watch it.

Mar The Dragon

12-31-2011

Sports: Mindlessly watching people run back and forth or in circles with a ball.
Computer Games: Using brain power to control one or more characters or units to acheive a goal, usually world (or at least area) domination.

I think the viktor is clear.