Viktor Hotfix 12/31/2011

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

warmturtle94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Pigeon View Post
Aww, they fixed the Chaos Storm bug

EDIT: For those who do not know, when you redirected Viktor's Chaos Storm while having TF's passive, it would give you 2 gold every time you redirected it. Mashing the R key could get you an extra ~200 gold while it was up, but I messed around with autoclickers and was able to make around 4000 gold every time I used my ult.

Also, 1000 clicks per second would make the game lag HARD. Sorry for those that I made lag! :P

EDIT #2: You can still lag the game! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! TRUE POWER!!!!!!!
gawd, now they have to fix that awesome effect and no more Rank

Deathstrik3

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMcPain View Post
You still need 1200 gold to buy the Hexcore upgrade!
Please fix this. Though the item's effective cost is now 1000, you won't be able to buy it without 1200 gold.
This is just a Hotfix, hence the title of the post. They said that during the next patch that and other temporary fixes will be implemented properly.

Just be patient, after all it is the holiday season and they have most likely been understaffed the past few days.

Tito

Senior Recruiter

01-01-2012

Viktor's Gravity Field disappears and does no effect if you die. Same with the ULT. Can you please fix that? I can't use this guy in Ranked because he is broken and a bit on the weak side no matter how you upgrade his augment.

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by da 420 View Post
Viktor's Gravity Field disappears and does no effect if you die. Same with the ULT. Can you please fix that? I can't use this guy in Ranked because he is broken and a bit on the weak side no matter how you upgrade his augment.
Veigar's Event Horizen loses effectiveness once he dies, and Tibbers disappears when Annie dies, so it is probably intended behavior.

valthanis

01-01-2012

Could you go ahead and do something like the following to Viktor's passive I know the numbers are high you have a balance team to work the math i am one person and haven't finished the math yet.

Actually i had an idea regarding his passive ... the purpose was supposed to (at least in my opinion) decide what role you would play in the match but as of right now his passive is too much give for the player with not enough take by the player, its not efficient. now i have seen the suggestions of tiers for the upgrades which i like and it keeps the specialization and I've also seen the suggestion of giving him all the passives at the start which defeats the purpose of sticking to a role u pick and i thought it might be easier to combine the two to get a good bit more power behind him and still keep the specialized choice aspect now im going to throw my interpretation of this out there and i would love to see your takes on it. These augments are on the powerful side that is mainly to compensate for the loss of an item and most people will immediately say its op if they do not pay attention to the statement in bold. (for the people already screaming "OMG OP GTFO" im not suggesting we keep the 1k gold cost i would actually like it to go up to balance this particular idea i would also be very much in favor of negative aspects of each augment which further specialize each role)

Augment power: now as is the stats are really under whelming for say a tankish sustain mage which is how i saw this role lets drop the speed increase because i see no value for speed in this role (don't worry im just moving it) and increase the shield amount to say 100% of the damage dealt, and lets say his gravity field provides a small armor/mr bonus to allies that stand in it again i haven't done all the math for this yet so i am not assigning numbers to all of this, now death ray is all offense as of now so lets say augment death gets 15% spell vamp exclusive to it hard to implement yes but that's the price you pay for unique. I am not sure on the limiting factor for this augment and would like suggestions on how to temper this power.

Augment Gravity: now i saw this role as a heavy cc support so here is where i would be in favor of say dropping all damage dealt by 15% but again not to worry you get nice compensation i do like the stats this gives for a support mage right on the money and lets keep that stun range increase but lets also give power transfer that speed increase that didn't help the other role but helps the support stay alive and keep up with that abysmal move speed viktor has and for death ray lets have it apply a heavy slow to keep them around for your team to eat or help u run from them.

Augment Death: now for something called augment death it really is underwhelming i want to fix that now this role i saw as a burst mage (duh) so lets make him burst hard lets drop those poor states it had and give him say 20% more ap but temper that by adding 5secs to each abilities base cooldown and that takes care of power transfer and death ray but lets also have it give gravity field a .55 ap ratio for damage when it applies the stun and we're done.

now again i haven't done the severe amount of math required to check balance yet so im up for criticism

TL;DR : read the **** post if you are in the thread

Sh00t3rman

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ191 View Post
Well at least there are some hotfixes!

Kind of sad that the augment death burn hasn't been changed to work off total damage instead of base (not sure if working as intended, but if it is intended to be like that, it is terrible), and death ray missing despite "hitting" isn't being fixed, but hopefully in the next patch cycle!
I've noticed that too about the death ray- I hope the hit box gets expanded to fix that. And I agree about the damage too.

Also, thanks to Riot for both releasing him and patching him. He was fun to play even with the issues, and now he'll be even better!

DoctorMcPain

01-01-2012

You can't even move the ult around if you're silenced

I love this champion but when I play him I often find myself wishing I was playing another champion because he feels very limited. It's not that you can't do good as him, he's decent. His numbers are okay. But the effort you have to put into him to pull off a good play is way too much.

AJL

01-01-2012

What no bug fix for Olaf getting restunned by Victor because his stack system for it?

Numbat

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00t3rman View Post
I've noticed that too about the death ray- I hope the hit box gets expanded to fix that. And I agree about the damage too.

Also, thanks to Riot for both releasing him and patching him. He was fun to play even with the issues, and now he'll be even better!
When I tested death augment it worked fine. 400 damage on DR tooltip (level 5 base + AP) it did 30 damage a tic on Lizard for 4 tics for 120 damage, 30% of 400. Seems to be working in the best way possible. Though the hitbox does seem smaller than indicated by the line missile display as you say.

On the other hand you only get 2 seconds of boost from augment power even though the tooltip says 3 seconds, that still needs to be fixed.

Cleft von Fran

01-01-2012

Some of the things I've noticed with viktor so far that seems strange to me is that both gravity field and chaos storm both fizzle whenever viktor dies and it seems strange to me because I would think that they'd still stay there after death (like the ult would work similar to shaco's clone, it would still be there but you can't control it) and if not the ult, for sure the gravity field