wtb: computer wizz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggbeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Ok so I am getting a new desktop. One I am looking at right, not to sure how good it is for the price. Its 899 New Zealand so about 600ish US

Brand New System come with following below:

#Processor: FD4100WMGUSBX
AMD BullDozer Quad Core FX-4100 3.60GHz 8MB Cache Socket AM3+

#Motherboard: GA-78LMT-S2P
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P AMD 760G mATX Socket AM3+ Dual Channel DDR3-1333 RAID VGA/DVI Dual Output Support (does not support 125W CPUs)

#Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD6570 2GB DDR3 PCI-E HDMI / DVI-D / VGA

#RAM: 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 DIMM

#Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache

#Optical: 22X SATA Dual Layer DVD-ReWriter. OEM with software included

#Case: Raidmax Tornado Black Gaming Tower Case, 500W PSU (SKU: 238WB)

Case Material: SGCC Steel
Blue LED Power Status
1 x Matching Optical Drive Bezel Included
Large See-thru side window panel with 80mm Blue LED fan
1 x 120mm Blue LED Fan (Front)
1 x 120mm Exhaust Fan (Rear)
Front USB 2.0, Audio ports
10 Drive Bays (4 x 5.25", 1 x 3.5", 5 x 3.5" hidden)
Dimension: 420 x 410 x 185mm (HxDxW), without front panel
Compatible Motherboards: Micro ATX, Standard ATX
500W ATX Power Supply

so how good

Powerstoned

12-31-2011

top notch for the price, tho I like 8 gigs of ram.

ScottWeaver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

You forgot a power supply. I suggest you spend a little more money on the GPU. I have got a Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 for only 120$ on newegg.

You should post links to the parts so I can look at them.

Powerstoned

12-31-2011

500W ATX Power Supply, it's all there

edenechoes

12-31-2011

Quote:
top notch for the price, tho I like 8 gigs of ram.
In America, this would be a rather average deal. I don't know the prices in New Zealand, however... maybe you're a NZer? I remember glancing at prices just north of the border in Canada. Notebook prices were higher by about $100 CDN base, but monitor prices were about 10% lower. It's hard to be up to date on regional price differences.

Also, Newegg won't do a New Zealander much good. TigerDirect will ship out to New Zealand, but you'll get destroyed by the shipping costs (assuming your part doesn't get destroyed first). The parts would have to come from a New Zealand or maybe Australian suite.

Are you building this yourself or having it built for you? The case honestly doesn't look too good, and I'd skip on the low end Bulldozer chip. Also, the 2 GB on that 6570 is a waste. It's incapable of using that extra 1 GB of RAM, and I doubt you could use it either. Soldering a cheap RAM chip onto the card and having you pay an extra $20 USD is an old manufacturer's trick.

Sailor Cosmos

12-31-2011

inb4 ThinkSammich

Eggbeat

12-31-2011

I was going to build it myself. But this was on Trademe (NZ Ebay) and I figured if for the price it was good, it would be better than building it myself.

EDIT: And thanks for the replies thus far!

Shagra

12-31-2011

It seems to be a fantastic system. I'm no tech guru, but if I could purchase something like that for around 600 bucks, I'd jump on it.

The most important part if that it's an up to date system, allowing for future upgrades, if you deemed it necessary. Only thing that kinda bothers me is the PSU. But I'm the kind of guy that likes to spend that extra bit of money and get an over the top PSU that I could jump start my car with if I had a reason to. LOL.

Plus, it's AMD. AMD > Intel 100%.

Eggbeat

12-31-2011

Awesome! Thanks guys.

sammich kek

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
inb4 ThinkSammich
D:

lol

by the way, the GPU in this computer is a piece of ****. It's worth about $70

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH &N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=6570&x=0&y=0

It may work for you for a little while, but eventually you will need to replace the video card. I would suggest something like this if you're trying to save money:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

Stick that baby in there and I think you'll be satisfied with what you have.