Here's the thing- most teenagers don't raise themselves

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

srkfx

Senior Member

12-31-2011

Yep,you're perfect,and you did best you could,but avail,because people around you are stupid/incompetent they gimped your perfection.

I mean,its not like they had to give good chunk of their life to raise you...

Emo adolescents.Sad thing is that my little sister is going the same way


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bainemo

Senior Member

12-31-2011

So your argument is that, since your mother didn't raise herself, she shouldn't be allowed to raise you? If you're 19, you do stupid things, because that's what 19 year olds do. Accept the fact that you're an idiot and your mom knows how to live better than you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-31-2011

society raises a child as much as a parent does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lance Eliot

Senior Member

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohana Sushi View Post
To OP: Your parents will always be responsible for how you turned out as a young adult. However, YOU are responsible for your future. The fact that you're writing this means that you are aware your parents did a poor job. This is the first step. Now all you have to do is take control of your life and fix what your parents damaged. Take a cooking class

This is coming from someone who has gone through all of the same concerns you're going through now. For a good year or so I had some really awful resentment toward my parents and that's almost all I could think about, the reason being they never taught me anger management. Unfortunately, I don't really think my parents knew any better. When I tell myself they did the best they knew how, it's easier for me to take responsibility for my own actions rather than blaming my parents. Now when they are around, I just observe behaviors that I have inherited that I know bother me, and try to take a note to not behave that way.

You can learn all of the things you need to learn; you just have to set your mind to it.
I think so too. As far as I'm concerned, my parents have never been my parents, so now I can only see them as people. I already have a friendly relationship with my dad, mainly because he only recently made his way back into my life. There will come a time when I can afford my own roof and raise my own family, in which case I can form the same kind of friendly relationship with my mother. I'm not going to spite them just because they did a very poor job.

If I have positive aspects, it's because I gave them to myself. Mom didn't teach me how to succeed in school, nor did she teach me how to make friends. She didn't teach me how to avoid harmful drugs or stay away from the wrong crowd. I taught myself that with the help of my school and my friends.

And eventually, I'll learn everything that I'm lacking. Because I want to. Nothing would make me happier than to become a good man with a good wife and being a better parent than mine ever were. It will be a lot more difficult than it would have been if I were taught, but I will make it happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rahgar

Member

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohana Sushi View Post
And now you're a douchebag!
Wait, he's a douchebag NOW?

Pretty sure he's been a douchebag for at least since he's been born.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pandaphilophobe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyallEverard View Post
The next time a parent criticizes their child, they should take a step back and look in the mirror. Did they take time out of their day to raise their son or daughter? Did they teach them to be responsible? Did they teach them to cook, clean, drive, etc? If they did not, they are terrible parents and have no right to be upset with the way their children turned out.

Why is this generation messed up? Because parents are often incompetent, hypocritical, and ineffective. At the end of the day, however, it's not the child that gets to tell off their parent who is too busy *****ing to think about the circumstances behind their teenager's disfunction. It's all the adolescent's fault in the eyes of the adult because they are clearly perfect and incapable of making mistakes. Here's a hint- the *****ing should have happened a long time ago. It's a hell of a lot harder to condition a teenager than a young child, and the parent clearly missed their window of opportunity.
An inherently incorrect idea. Not only is adolescent rebellion based in basic human psychology (the attempt to gain independence) but the "degeneration" so often cited in the adolescent generation is more due to the degenerating social environment around them than to some imaginary, sudden fault in their parents (after all, if it's the parents' fault, then why weren't they raised correctly in order to raise their children correctly? And why weren't their parents' parents raised correctly in order to raise their children correctly?)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

12-31-2011

Unfortunately , this forum has been overrun by retarded teenagers lately, and thus, all the kiddies the OPs age support each other.
Adults like me are becoming rare.

Anyway what kind of retard says "douchebag" unless they're being facetious anyway?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragoeth

Senior Member

12-31-2011

You're 19, hate your mom, and are still living at home?

Not to sound cynical but maybe you should move out into your own place. I left my home when I was 18 and haven't even thought about going back since despite the fact that me and parents have a really good relationship and they would welcome me. If you want the independence then go get it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lance Eliot

Senior Member

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Lord View Post
Unfortunately , this forum has been overrun by retarded teenagers lately, and thus, all the kiddies the OPs age support each other.
Adults like me are becoming rare.

Anyway what kind of retard says "douchebag" unless they're being facetious anyway?
You mean the kind of adult that spends their time trolling a forum for a game geared at children and "retarded teenagers" while expressing highly immature and hateful beliefs, particularly toward women.

You're even less of an adult than I am, good sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesus the Friend

Member

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyalleverard View Post
you mean the kind of adult that spends their time trolling a forum for a game geared at children
Quote:
trolling a forum for a game geared at children
Quote:
a game geared at children
Quote:
geared at children
Quote:
at children
Quote:
children

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..…………………………………..:`………../
…………./.(…..“~-,…………………………,:`………./
………../(….”~,……..“~,………………..,:`……../
……….{..$;……”=,…….“-,…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~…….”=-.……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,
,,……….}.>-.\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\………….._
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
………………………………….\………..,-%…….`\
……………………………..,<`..|,-&“…………….`\


123