Here's the thing- most teenagers don't raise themselves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lance Eliot

12-30-2011

The next time a parent criticizes their child, they should take a step back and look in the mirror. Did they take time out of their day to raise their son or daughter? Did they teach them to be responsible? Did they teach them to cook, clean, drive, etc? If they did not, they are terrible parents and have no right to be upset with the way their children turned out.

Why is this generation messed up? Because parents are often incompetent, hypocritical, and ineffective. At the end of the day, however, it's not the child that gets to tell off their parent who is too busy *****ing to think about the circumstances behind their teenager's disfunction. It's all the adolescent's fault in the eyes of the adult because they are clearly perfect and incapable of making mistakes. Here's a hint- the *****ing should have happened a long time ago. It's a hell of a lot harder to condition a teenager than a young child, and the parent clearly missed their window of opportunity.

Rahgar

12-30-2011

Just got into a fight with the parents?

Lance Eliot

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
Just got into a fight with the parents?
Parent- as in singular. It bothers me. I went most of my life with no father and an incompetent mother. I can't recall a single day where she attempted to be a parent or teach me anything.

Now, I'm 19 and have to teach myself how to do all the basic things that a parent normally teaches. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if she didn't have the absolute audacity to call me out on her mistakes.

And frankly, it's not that I just got out of a fight with her. It's that I can never avoid a fight with her. She's very antagonistic and always has something to complain about- usually, everything.

I love her to death because I have to, but she's not a good parent and has never been. She made bad choices, married all of the wrong, abusive people, and doesn't think with any sort of reason at all. She is so focused on how I am that she can't see why I am that way.

Jesus the Friend

12-30-2011

It's your own fault.

You can only blame your parents to an extent. If you know your mother is antagonistic, don't get baited into an argument. You are who you choose to be, you are not a product of your parent's failure.
I was "raised" by my mother who was rarely at home and what little upbringing I received was rooted in insane feminist ideology.

You're 19, you're still a kid, but you're getting close to being your own man. Hiding behind "HEY MY PARENTS SUCKED" is pretty weak.

Quote:
It's all the adolescent's fault in the eyes of the adult because they are clearly perfect and incapable of making mistakes.
You could have saved yourself some keystrokes and just typed out "Waaaah" instead of all of that.

Lance Eliot

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Lord View Post
It's your own fault.

You can only blame your parents to an extent. If you know your mother is antagonistic, don't get baited into an argument. You are who you choose to be, you are not a product of your parent's failure.
I was "raised" by my mother who was rarely at home and what little upbringing I received was rooted in insane feminist ideology.

You're 19, you're still a kid, but you're getting close to being your own man. Hiding behind "HEY MY PARENTS SUCKED" is pretty weak.
Get out.

Edit:

And guess what, you're one of the most terrible, antagonistic, misogynistic people I've ever met. Coincidence? Don't talk high and mighty when you are a poor excuse of a person.

Powerstoned

12-31-2011

You know, at 18, you don't have to deal with parents anymore. You don't have to love anybody, even if they gave birth to you. Respect and love are earned, not a gift someone receives by blood. If she's as bad as you protray, then don't let her drag you down with her.

You didn't have it harder than most and if you're smart enough you'd move away from negativity and start your own life. You know who taught me how to cook, clean, work, be a loving partner and parent? Me. Sometimes it's not where you are in life, it's how far you've come. You'll feel more accomplished if you found drive by yourself, and you'll most likely go farther with it. Don't hold grudges, they hurt you more than the ones you hold them for.

This generation is screwed up because kids have a sense of "deserve".

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Your mom should meet my mom and complain the world together.

Blu3Boy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyallEverard View Post
The next time a parent criticizes their child, they should take a step back and look in the mirror. Did they take time out of their day to raise their son or daughter? Did they teach them to be responsible? Did they teach them to cook, clean, drive, etc? If they did not, they are terrible parents and have no right to be upset with the way their children turned out.

Why is this generation messed up? Because parents are often incompetent, hypocritical, and ineffective. At the end of the day, however, it's not the child that gets to tell off their parent who is too busy *****ing to think about the circumstances behind their teenager's disfunction. It's all the adolescent's fault in the eyes of the adult because they are clearly perfect and incapable of making mistakes. Here's a hint- the *****ing should have happened a long time ago. It's a hell of a lot harder to condition a teenager than a young child, and the parent clearly missed their window of opportunity.
The few parents that do that raise whiny, bratty children who complain that their parents try to force their beliefs onto them. I've seen it happen

cy4n1ze

Recruiter

12-31-2011

I've seen my mother lie constantly when she thinks it'll get her out of some trouble, often to me, when I do it, I'm scolded.
I've seen my mother use violence to get what she wants, often to me (No, not a beating, just force which is essentially violence), when I do it, I'm scolded

I could go on, but I think most people would get the point. Parents are human beings, and human beings, atleast at this stage of our development, are flawed. They should consider their actions more and the impact it'll have around them especially when they are trying to raise another person, another individual that will try to emulate them as much as possible.

But, as a previous poster mentioned, if you're of age in your society, and can simply move out. Then do it, if you do not benefit from a relationship in any way, there is no reason to continue the relationship.

Coedeed

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
Then do it, if you do not benefit from a relationship in any way, there is no reason to continue the relationship.
This. I don't prefer living at home at the age of 21, but I get free meals, a roof over my head with no rent, I don't have to work or go to school. I just sit here all day playing games, ujelly?