The Atalvez Guide to Xin Zhao

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atalvez

07-14-2010

Note to everyone i planned on putting this guide on Leaguecraft so it is setup in the way it is done on that site.This guide is incomplete, i just wanted to get a reasonable guide out on the web because i see far too many stupid builds on Xin Zhao. This is a Band-Aid not a total fix but do not worry i plan on continuing this and making it far better.

What are my qualifications for writing this guide? None really but i have won every ive played with xin zhao following this build except for one when my buddy fed (darn him) and pls dont qq to me that hes overpowered im not in the mood for an argument.

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT ADVERTISE JUNGLING AS XIN ZHAO:
why- he is unbelieavable early game allowing him to get alot of early kills and easily become a carry there is reason enough to jungle also i believe he is not the most successful jungler, if you want to jungle roll warwick

Passive-
Not a horrible passive however not very influential, the only unique aspect to this passive is its ability to heal you while pushing turrets, in summary: miniscule amount of health regen that lets you stay in laning phase a bit longer and not much else.

Q-
Three Talon Strike - Xin Zhao's next 3 standard attacks deal increased damage, with the third attack knocking an opponent into the air.

Main crowd control ability with a damage increase, when mixed with Battle Cry's attack speed increase results in a very quick and powerful CC.

W-
Battle Cry - Xin Zhao passively increases his attack speed and can activate this skill to double the passive bonus and lower his cooldowns by 1 second each attack he makes.

Xin Zhao's main damage/utility skill, oh so many benefits, passive attack speed for creep farming, active attack speed for combat, and last but certainly not least a cd reduction that allows every single one of your abilities to be up for pretty much every engagement, with this spell your ultimate has the cooldown of approximately 25 seconds.

E-
Audacious Charge - Xin Zhao charges an enemy, dealing damage and slowing the target and all enemies in the area.

Easy chase ability not much to say, quick damage and dash towards an enemy, potentially useful for escaping as well. Pretty much self explanatory.

R-
Crescent Sweep - Xin Zhao fiercely sweeps his spear around him, dealing damage to nearby enemies based on their current health, then increases his Armor and Magic Resistance for a while afterwards.

Xin Zhao's ultimate (duh) instant 25% of current HP and a base dmg. This ability is INSANE use it immediately in fights and it well drop them around 35-45% hp and dont forget this hits ALL enemies in an area. This mixed with Audacious Charge is what makes Xin Zhao one of the best initiators in game.

Skill Build=

Q/E/W/W/W/R/Q/W/W/Q/R/Q/Q/E/R/E/E/E

Item Build (a very long post)=

I start out with [Boots_of_Speed] and 3 [Health_Potion]
-This is a simple item selection that allows you to catch/kill anyone you meet, escape ganks and allow you to stay in lane long enough to farm up some serious gold.

Then I follow one of two paths, if I am getting fed (1-2 kills not very unusual) I stay in lane long enough to buy a [B.F._Sword] and after which i buy full boots (i will discuss which ones in a minute) and continue on to build and finish a [Blood_Thirster] as the situation allows (e.g. when is it convenient to go back given what ganks and farming are going on)

If i am not getting fed whatsoever I immediately begin building a [Last_Whisper] and boots.

As for what kind of boots, i tend to lean towards [Boots_of_Swiftness] for the awesome chase and escape speed no one will be able to run away from you, but if the enemy team has massive cc it is a good idea to get [Mercury_Treads] as with pretty much every champion, and i wouldnt recommend this but you can potentially buy Ninja_Tabi] against an insanely dps heavy team.

Now for a second main item if you did get fed you should start building a [Last Whisper] and vice versa, if you did not get fed you should build a [Blood_Thirster], i will also explain why i like both of these items now.

[Blood_Thirster]This is fantastic for increasing your damage (again duh) and mixed with your attack speed and your passive gives quite a bit of life steal.

[Last_Whisper]This item is good for Xin Zhao for two reasons, the attack speed on it stacks well with your W giving you all the attack speed you will ever need to get your knockup off quickly, also the armor pen on it is useful for busting through tanks and squishies alike, also it is not too expensive.

By this point once you have those items either you are insanely fed and its gg as Xin is a fantastic carry or it is late mid game or early end game. Many games will not make it much farther than this and etc etc etc continuing the build.

Next i like to follow one of multiple paths,

For pure damage and complete utter nuke pownage (sounds awesome right) i like to build an [Infinity_Edge] this is a very standard, very expensive, and very rewarding item. Like on pretty much every dps or melee champion it is great on Xin Zhao.

If you are getting focused ALOT, which you probably are as Xin is a new champion and a very dangerous carry you may want to build a [Frozen_Mallet] for the health and perma-slow, this is not my favorite item path but if you feel too squishy/vulnerable it is a great item to buy.

Another potential path is almost the "middle road", this involves building a [Phantom_Dancer] now the attack speed on this item is great, the crit is certainly a pain train, the dodge never hurts, and the movement speed is awesome. Personally however I don't buy a Phantom Dancer until after an Infinity Edge, but hey its you're choice.

Also another B.F. Sword item, if the enemy team is very armor/tank heavy you can and probably should build a [Black_Cleaver] for the armor pen as it stacks well with your attack speed.

And last but not whatever another tank option! The wondrous [Guardian_Angel]. I dont need to really explain the benefits of this item but i suppose i will. You are often focus fired, this prevents that seeing as when you die they switch to another target you revive and BLAM spear to the face.

After building one of these items just switch to another one as the situation demands, though if the enemy team can't do squat or you just really want more lifesteal you could build another Blood Thirster.

Summoner Spells-
I prefer [Exhaust] and [Ghost] this allows you to catch and kill anyone and easily go toe to toe with another dps. You can potentially get [Ignite] [spell_icon=Flash] [Cleanse] i will explain what each does and stuff later but im getting tired. But one thing:

DO NOT GET:
[Clarity] or [Smite]

Atalvez

07-14-2010

Specific complaints about why i dont like other builds:

Attack speed- Yes he has alot of built in attack speed but pure attack speed will cause him to do far less burst and all you manage to do is hit very quickly then die...

Jungling- I view Xin as a complete controller of lanes early game jungling is a total waste of that and all the potential feeding it entails.

Shibazaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2010

nice. ill use this when i buy xin zhou.