Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Switching from AP Carries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourinnate

01-01-2012

It took me a long time to get away from rushing Tier 2 boots as well, but I started using teleport as my one of my summoner skills and it stopped bothering me.

TwistWrist

01-01-2012

Quote:
13eakers:
I agree with Wits End vs. Triforce. But I ran a lot of theory crafting on the champion builder on League Craft. The Warmog adds +3k physical resistance while only reducing magic hp by 100. It costs 400 more and FoN gives +20 movespeed in end build. So I actually prefer Warmog's vs. Force of Nature.

But about the magic pen... You know how I said I was switching from AP carries? Them runes are expensive to replace...

Edit: Also, where would you recommend I get my boots then? I'm just accustomed to getting my tier two boots early because I like the speed.

FoN gives you more move speed and make your health regen stupid high (leaguecraft doesn't factor in all passives). You'll have 92 health regen per 5s just from the FoN and passive alone. Plus, the MR is good against percentage magic damage...like Madred's Bloodrazors.

Remember when I said MBR are situational items? If you skip the FoN and build Frozen Mallet and Warmogs, then you are the situation where they wreck you.

Plus, why do you need all that health anyway. You aren't old Olaf.

As for boots, I generally get them when I need them. Or when I go to base and don't have enough gold for my next major part...so I'll grab a null-mantle for now.

13eakers

01-01-2012

Quote:
TwistWrist:
FoN gives you more move speed and make your health regen stupid high (leaguecraft doesn't factor in all passives). You'll have 92 health regen per 5s just from the FoN and passive alone. Plus, the MR is good against percentage magic damage...like Madred's Bloodrazors.

Remember when I said MBR are situational items? If you skip the FoN and build Frozen Mallet and Warmogs, then you are the situation where they wreck you.

Plus, why do you need all that health anyway. You aren't old Olaf.s

As for boots, I generally get them when I need them. Or when I go to base and don't have enough gold for my next major part...so I'll grab a null-mantle for now.

Yes I see what you mean. I totally forgot about the passive health regen. But I'm still unsure - and I think that this is one where I should just watch. I'll get FoN when I see lots of magic damage flying around, then still take Warmog's when it is almost all physical damage. In an even (both magic and physical) team I'll probably lean towards FoN for the regen, because as you say it's incredibly high, and that much regen means essentially full health very quickly, contributing more than just a higher max health in most cases.