All Dodge Runes Have Been Refunded

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TacoManStan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

Ideas:

1) Shield that works similar to banshees, but instead blocks a crit strike with a maybe 15 second cooldown.

2) % Chance to evade a crit strike.

For both, perhaps only the critical damage is evaded, so it turns into a regular attack.

I am saving my reasoning for down here so that people who tl;dr can at least see the ideas above.

1) One problem with dodge is turret damage. Because the shield would only block crit damage, there would be no change to turret damage. Another problem is early game one-hit harassers like GP. If you have a shield that would negate a crit, he does a lot less damage early game. What I also like is that the shield has a drop off in usefulness late game, as many ad carries are hitting crits every .7 seconds. At that point, the focus should be armor, and 800 gold shouldn't make that much of a difference.

2) For the same reasons as the first idea, this seems like a logical choice. It would be based on chance, which is okay because they very thing it is blocking is based on chance as well. It would make sense to have a % countering a %. However, I have an issue with this, and that is late game. Perhaps jax could have something like this available, but for every champion to be able to dodge crits late game would be rather unbalanced for 800 gold, I would think. Unless the effectiveness reduced by level. That way, once again, GP would be less effective early game. Say the percentage starts at 60%. A lot, but once again only blocking crit damage. Then perhaps a 3% drop off each level, ending with a 6% chance. End game the focus should be armor anyways, and it would keep the item worth what it costs.

Once again, just some ideas I had.

Najib

01-03-2012

how about allowing those that want dodge to be able to keep are runes forever or else good by shaco and Hiem

Vancourt

01-03-2012

i have a dodge rune in my acount yet, please refound it.

Porphyry Green

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2012

There is no defense against crit hits, so we need to ban those too.

(don't say armor, because attack speed was the defense against dodge - and was much better than armor can do against crit hits)

AKA: RIOT fails to provide a real reason why dodge was removed - or Phreak or another employee QQ hardcore about it.

Lastcardzxy

01-03-2012

I still have a dodge quins that was not refunded nor taken away, what does that mean exactly?

Eze Templar

01-03-2012

is good because dps cant kill jax with all dodge runes..

KatarinaCatKitty

01-03-2012

so was it intened to be able to combine runes and make a dodge rune?

R3d n0ni

Recruiter

01-04-2012

Can you not see why dodge was removed? RIOT doesn't need to provide evidence, (and what kind of argument is that anyways?)

Dodge was removed because there is no counter for it.

"durr attack speed counters dodge', No. Not even close. In fact, that makes dodge more powerful because you miss more, AND you have to spend money on Attack speed instead of other needed items.

Champions are not broken now that dodge is missing. They were broken to begin with because they relied on a single stat.

Flameing

01-04-2012

I still havenet recieved the 450 RP, i even got an email that i would

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

01-04-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingPopsicle View Post
Refunded, Still in store, Will RE-Refund again before complete revamp.
Seems a bit pointless to refund but keep them in the system? Why not wait for rework to refund once and save the trouble?
Around the time of the release of Season 2 Masteries there were two camps of players. 1) Players who felt Dodge was made completely worthless and wanted a refund on their dodge refunds immediately. 2) Players who wanted to continue to use dodge on champions like Jax until the re-work.

Doing the refund in two steps satisfies both players. Those who want to rid themselves of the dodge stat can do so now. Those that want to continue to use it can re-purchase the dodge runes in the store and use them until the final rework is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastcardzxy View Post
I still have a dodge quins that was not refunded nor taken away, what does that mean exactly?

I looked up this dodge rune in your inventory, it was created on December 28th and looks like it was the creation of the rune combiner. Since Dodge runes are still in the game, the combiner may still produce a Dodge rune. Don't worry though, this rune will be refunded when the final round of Dodge Refunds is performed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameing View Post
I still havenet recieved the 450 RP, i even got an email that i would
This is outside the scope of this thread, but I double checked for you and the 450 RP was added to your account on 12-22. However if you have any questions about this you can contact Player Support: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador