Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

All Dodge Runes Have Been Refunded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kbkillr

12-31-2011

so this is kind of silly when you think about it riot you spent time to refund these runes. Which is cool on your part, but why not just wait til you finsih the remakes to do the refunds in the first place any one who mains jax is just going to rebuy the runes if they are still in the store.

kbkillr

12-31-2011

Quote:
Chingawing:
Whats going to happen to Jax?

all these people who post what about jax are completely oblivious to the previous annoucnement about the remakes of all champs that utilize dodge. like they are just going to keep him the same or something.like really.!.!.!.!.!.!.1

Kanderas

12-31-2011

SEEING AS SOME PEOPLE DONT BOTHER TO SEE IF THEIR IDIOT QUESTIONS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED I WILL POST THIS AGAIN: All re-acquired runes will be refunded again when the final stage of dodge removal goes through; so all your dodge combines or runes you think they missed etc will be taken out once all the champion and item reworks, which have already been outlined, are complete.

Quote:

What is the point of refunding the dodge runes if you allow them to be repurchased and refunded again? Why not just remove them and be done with it?

As the original post on the issue says, Jax and co haven't been reworked yet, so to allow people to still play them in the mean time (if dodge runes are your thing) then they're still available until the rework is complete. For the many people who use dodge runes on other champs which can be switched in anticipation of the coming removal, the majority of runes have now already been removed.

And to this:

Quote:
kbkillr:
so this is kind of silly when you think about it riot you spent time to refund these runes. Which is cool on your part, but why not just wait til you finsih the remakes to do the refunds in the first place any one who mains jax is just going to rebuy the runes if they are still in the store.

It's actually really efficient because in case you didn't notice it's taken over a week to refund EVERY dodge rune on EVERY account minus the few they seem to have missed. Now when the final changes come through they will have significantly fewer runes to refund so it'll be all done on the day of the patch or there about all nice and tidy instead of dragging out for a week. It also gives them a chance to make sure they got every last one; if they'd done this at the end all these people would still have the odd dodge rune lying around and Riot would be bombarded with tickets of angry idiots who want their ip back right this instant moaning about how Riot doesn't deserve their money because they're real people who can't snap their fingers to make things instantly work the way it should. This way there is reduced chance of feeding impatient a$$holes.

Danimite

12-31-2011

A lot of people have said the new runes are bad but look at it this way:

-full hp% quints and seals basically give you a bit less than an extra Warmogs bonus hp if you're at the average base+bonus HP of 3000 at lvl 18 (~225). On a champ like Cho'Gath, Volibear, Sion, etc that specialize in stacking HP, the bonus may be around 300 when they get close to 4k hp. The full rune set also means Cho gets 11.25 bonus HP per ult at the max level, before even scaling it to his total hp.

-I shouldn't even have to explain how the new destruction runes are far more cost and damage efficient than old runes for hybrids such as Shyvana, Jax, and others. (by hybrid I don't mean how you build them, but what their damage graph looks like at the end of the game. A full AD Shyvana deals maybe 2-5k less magic damage than physical at the end of an average 30 min game.

-Avarice I will admit is a kind of silly rune, but IF anyone still plays champions that spend a lot of time roaming and are primarily assasins that can't 1v1 to save their lives anyways, they might be helpful. (Evelynn, Twitch etc.)

-Both Vamprism and Transmutation runes are completely awesome. I put them on to my jungling and AP mid rune sheets. The former saved me tons of money because I could just grab boots and 2 or a longsword and 2 and still have a nice jungle time with champs like Lee Sin and Shyvana. This helps because I could get madreds on my return with or without a nice gank. For AP mid (specifically Ahri and Xerath) the Trans runes were omfg amazing. I could poke/exchange and 1 minute of farming later I regained all the hp I lost without wasting an hp pot, whereas they had to use one of their pots to regen what I dished out. There was never any point in any of the games where the jungler had a comfortable gank. I was always higher hp than my enemy and had hp pots on hand. Though learning to play mid while prioritizing hp regen cut down my cs average by ~10. I'm sure I'll get used to timing the regen spells to where I don't make a creep drop low and get shot down by my creeps eventually though.

TL;DR try before you rage.

Zoroastro

12-31-2011

Quote:
Moneypenny:
Summoners!

We are pleased to announce that the Dodge rune refund has been completed. At this juncture all Dodge runes have been removed from your inventory and runebook and replaced by their value in Influence Points.

Remember that Dodge runes are still available from the League of Legends Store until all Dodge remakes have been completed. If you would like to continue to use your current Dodge build until that time you are welcome to repurchase your runes if you so choose. Once the process of removing the Dodge stat from the game has been completed, you will receive another refund for any Dodge runes that you might have purchased in the interim.

We are excited to have completed this phase of our Dodge remakes If youÂ’re looking for something new to fill the space in your runebook remember that we have seasonal runes to commemorate the Snowdown Showdown, as well as some brand new rune types to offer you some new options!

what was the point in refunding runes that can be still used? Out of messing up my rune pages.

Danimite

12-31-2011

Quote:
Zoroastro:
what was the point in refunding runes that can be still used? Out of messing up my rune pages.

I'm pretty sure it's just to reduce the presence of dodge runes. The whole point of getting rid of dodge is because it has no counter, and it has a very large presence, therefore it is unfair. Getting rid of them ahead of time while still having them available is just Riot's awkward, but ok, way of reducing the presence of dodge while still keeping champions like Jax viable while they work on reworking them.

Thaisun

Recruiter

12-31-2011

I had full Greater Seals of Evasion but I got no ip... =/

Avenger460

12-31-2011

Really want to know how Jax is gonna be changed now.

Radical Rambo

12-31-2011

My dodge runes havnt been refunded?

Zylph

12-31-2011

buff udyr's passive please. Right now it's just pointless