Xin Zhao... beats Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jayjohn

07-15-2010

Rushing a BF Sword on Garen makes him a good mid game hero

YouFubar

07-15-2010

Xin Zhao 1v1'ing someone is on the pre-nerf Jax tier. If you don't stun him, and have a burst that can hit like 2k damage at level 18, you're instantly dead. Makes me want to /facepalm all over again about how Pantheon got nerfed, and Xin Zhao pretty much took his place.

Sykomyke

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFubar View Post
Xin Zhao 1v1'ing someone is on the pre-nerf Jax tier. If you don't stun him, and have a burst that can hit like 2k damage at level 18, you're instantly dead. Makes me want to /facepalm all over again about how Pantheon got nerfed, and Xin Zhao pretty much took his place.

This^. +1

I don't understand why games come out with "new classes" or "new heroes" or whatever and they new hero is 99% of the time always overpowered. Is this for marketing purposes? To create excitement, to get people to play him? Is the idea behind this to nerf him once people play him?

I just don't see why nearly every single new hero goes through the "nerf" phase. Would it kill them to do more in-house testing and release "balanced heroes"? Or am I just wasting my "breath" typing this?

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
This^. +1

I don't understand why games come out with "new classes" or "new heroes" or whatever and they new hero is 99% of the time always overpowered. Is this for marketing purposes? To create excitement, to get people to play him? Is the idea behind this to nerf him once people play him?

I just don't see why nearly every single new hero goes through the "nerf" phase. Would it kill them to do more in-house testing and release "balanced heroes"? Or am I just wasting my "breath" typing this?
Yes you are

EarsOfRage

07-15-2010

I just finished a 3v3. I like playing 3v3 occasionally just because Garen can actually hold his own a fair bit. I play Garen well, and at one point I was 11-2-2. Only 1 execution kill. Xin was on the other team, and a 2 full levels below me, with considerably less items. He destroyed me, silence bought me a couple seconds, but my E couldn't make a sizeable dent. From this point onwards Xin was dominant in the game. I ended 13-6. Xin ended 15-3. I was on a bad team, but still, I couldn't do a thing against him.

Garen, as I've said in previous posts, isn't horrible on his own. If he had all his bugs fixed, he could be decent until level 9 or so. He just doesn't scale damage well, his skills have no synergy (unlike Xin's, where they all work together wonderfully). And ANYTHING he can do, other champs do better.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarsOfRage View Post
Garen, as I've said in previous posts, isn't horrible on his own. If he had all his bugs fixed, he could be decent until level 9 or so. He just doesn't scale damage well, his skills have no synergy (unlike Xin's, where they all work together wonderfully). And ANYTHING he can do, other champs do better.
I've been saying the same thing.
I never said Garen isn't horrible.
I've just said other champs do it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjohn View Post
Rushing a BF Sword on Garen makes him a good mid game hero
And pray tell...

Where does that damage go? Auto-attacks. Only 35% of it goes to Judgment.
No other abilities benefit.
So what you're suggesting then is that Garen needs his auto-attacks to hit harder to be a threat.
If you're going to be an auto-attack champion...why aren't you playing Master Yi or Xin Zhao or even Jax?

malphismia

07-15-2010

I personally do not like facing garen, poppy nor xin zhao, all beefy DPS. Since they're not rightclick champs,, their abilities do quite large amounts of damage, so you can just build tanky/cooldown and still do a lot of damage.

I do, however, agree with nerfing Xin.