Ask Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-19-2012

I have a tactical question for you, Shyvana. What type of champion do you feel is best suited to be your laning partner? Would you prefer someone like Karma, to shield, heal, and otherwise support you? Would you prefer someone like Leona, to defend you from harm while you lay down your path of destruction? Would you prefer someone like Caitlyn, to prevent people from harassing you and thereby allowing you to decide when the real fights start? Would you prefer someone like Lux, to provide massive crowd control for you? Or would you prefer someone like Tryndamere, to join you in an unrelenting attack on the opponents?

Mojay

01-19-2012

Shyvana,

Do you feel outclassed by the fact that you have no crowd control? And no, I don't count your dragon's descent as crowd control.

Yes, you do significant damage, but the fact is, why should I, as a summoner, ever choose you when I can pick other fighters who have hard crowd control abilities such as Skarner's suppression, Sion's gaze,, Rammus with his three second taunt, Riven's stun, Nasus's wither...the list goes on.

I understand that crowd control isn't ESSENTIAL on a good champion, but it certainly helps a lot if your "in the fray" champion who dives into the heat of battle can shut down the other team.

Also, what do you think of Cassiopeia? Your voices sound eerily similar...

Rothion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2012

Dearest Shyvana,
I am a fickle summoner. I just love summoning champions for the sake of proving myself - and their own ability - on the field. One of the champions I feel a strongest connection with is Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper. What are your thoughts on the way he battles - and do you think he's in any sort of way different from most mages? Have you ever crossed words with him? I must say, you guys would make a lovely couple.

Rasuk

01-20-2012

Dear Shyvana,

It's been a while, I never did say thank you for answering my previous question, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say it. Thank you.

Now, off to my question.
How do you feel when you must face off with other Demacian champions in the Fields of Justice?
I have some assumptions, but would like to confirm.
Thank you, in advance.

Sincerely,
Rasuk.

Ask Shyvana

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
I have a tactical question for you, Shyvana. What type of champion do you feel is best suited to be your laning partner? Would you prefer someone like Karma, to shield, heal, and otherwise support you? Would you prefer someone like Leona, to defend you from harm while you lay down your path of destruction? Would you prefer someone like Caitlyn, to prevent people from harassing you and thereby allowing you to decide when the real fights start? Would you prefer someone like Lux, to provide massive crowd control for you? Or would you prefer someone like Tryndamere, to join you in an unrelenting attack on the opponents?
Hello, Tsaalyo.

I'm glad you've taken an interest in this sort of thing. Hopefully other Summoners will also take my advice. My two preferred lane partners are someone who can stun my opponents, and someone with ranged attacks. Someone like Luxanna can lock people down so I can rip them apart, while someone like Caitlyn has the range to keep us in control of the fight. I don't need people to 'tank' for me, I'm usually the strongest member of my team. Though, I do enjoy being partnered with Leona, since she is capable of stunning opponents. And I'd prefer not to fight alongside someone similar to me, like Tryndamere. It's not tactical, as Luxanna would say. It'd only take one correct champion to give us both a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthurnax View Post
Shyvana,

Do you feel outclassed by the fact that you have no crowd control? And no, I don't count your dragon's descent as crowd control.

Yes, you do significant damage, but the fact is, why should I, as a summoner, ever choose you when I can pick other fighters who have hard crowd control abilities such as Skarner's suppression, Sion's gaze,, Rammus with his three second taunt, Riven's stun, Nasus's wither...the list goes on.

I understand that crowd control isn't ESSENTIAL on a good champion, but it certainly helps a lot if your "in the fray" champion who dives into the heat of battle can shut down the other team.

Also, what do you think of Cassiopeia? Your voices sound eerily similar...
Hello, Parthurnax.

I hardly feel outclassed. The only way 'crowd control' will mean anything to me in my true form is if the whole enemy team focuses on me. And, as you Summoners always say, "don't focus the tank." I'm happy to take all the enemy team's attacks if it means they're promptly cut down by my allies.

The champions you've listed have a wide array of problems. Many of the are confined by 'mana', meaning they are useless in any longterm fight. Riven is not confined by it, sure, but let's be honest - she is far weaker than me, massive sword notwithstanding. In terms of strength, the only person you've listed capable of matching me is Sion. Sure, he can stun his opponents, but he is slow. My burnout allows me to easily escape from him or catch up to him. Not only that, but I am far more capable of dealing damage to multiple targets at once. I happen to be capable of taking far more damage than them, and if a Summoner equips me with any weapon capable of slowing my opponent, it's pretty much all over for anyone who dares fight me.

If you want a true demonstration of why I'm an excellent choice, dear Summoner, here's what you should try: When your team is charging an enemy team near their turret, the result is usually a flinging of meaningless projectiles until someone makes a mistake. One person pounces, and then chaos ensues. What you should do is purchase a suitable defense for me - I'd recommend Thornmail or Force of Nature, depending on who the enemy is, along with Frozen Mallet. Then, command me to use my Burnout, take my true form, and dive right on top of them. You Summoners always preach "don't focus the tank!", but when that happens, my opponents can either focus me or die. In the ensuing chaos, they almost always lose focus. And while they're distracted by the sight of their own burning guts splattered upon their tower, my teammates can decimate the opposition at their leisure.

Plus, if you purchase weapons of suitable speed and sustain for me, I'll likely survive the fight entirely.

Now, Cassiopeia. The woman is a vile creature. No, I don't mean that because of her physical form - I'm in no position to judge people for being half of something - I mean it because of her Noxian ideals, her personality, what she takes pleasure in. She's sick, twisted, and with all due respect, the only reason she became what she is is because she's a deceptive... the nicest word I can think of for what I really want to call her is 'promiscuous'. The only nice thing I can say about her is she's not as sadistic or insane as her sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothion View Post
Dearest Shyvana,
I am a fickle summoner. I just love summoning champions for the sake of proving myself - and their own ability - on the field. One of the champions I feel a strongest connection with is Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper. What are your thoughts on the way he battles - and do you think he's in any sort of way different from most mages? Have you ever crossed words with him? I must say, you guys would make a lovely couple.
Hello, Rothion.

Vladimir uses disturbing magic, something only a true sadist would attempt to master. I've never spoken to Vladimir, nor do I intend to. I have faced him in battle, though. He can be surprising, but generally, I find the practical use of his magic pretty weak. He saps a little blood from me, and I respond by descending upon him and taking tenfold right back.

...also, no, Summoner, I would never do anything of the sort with Vladimir. Even if I wasn't putting my love life on hold while Prince Jarvan decides on a future Queen, Vladimir is not someone I would ever enter into a relationship with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasuk View Post
Dear Shyvana,

It's been a while, I never did say thank you for answering my previous question, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say it. Thank you.

Now, off to my question.
How do you feel when you must face off with other Demacian champions in the Fields of Justice?
I have some assumptions, but would like to confirm.
Thank you, in advance.

Sincerely,
Rasuk.
Hello again, Rasuk.

Thankfully, the League never pits real world allies against each other on the Fields of Justice of the match is about anything even remotely important, so I don't object to it on the level of justice. Now then, of course I don't want to hurt my fellow Demacians. I take no pleasure in harming the Crownguards, the other Demacians, and especially not Prince Jarvan. But Demacian military training is quite physical. If we are in a match on opposing teams, we've already decided that we should be happy to treat it as a training exercise. I will say, it's quite an honor to duel Garen, the Might of Demacia.

You are quite welcome, Summoner.

BaronFingerCrush

01-20-2012

Dear Lady Shyvana

I'd like to ask you another question if you don't mind. There is one interesting individual in League and basically we know very little about him. I am obviously referring to Mordekaiser. Would you mind telling me your opinion about this "living armor". Perhaps you, seasoned fighted knows what hides beneath the dark armor?

Yours sincerely
BaronFingerCrush

Solbrave

01-20-2012

Dear Shyvana

I frequently summon you on the fields of Justice, and I'm quite pleased to say you are one of the most unique champions I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Your ability to engage so many enemies head on, and come out on top...the power you command is staggering. I thank you for your participation and positive attitude in the face of adversity.

My actual question pertains to your insights on Kassadin. When I had the chance to summon him, he hasn't said much, or given me much of a...look inside the man in the armor.

What kind of person is he? Would you choose him as an ally?

Thank you,

Summoner Solbrave

Ask Shyvana

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
Dear Lady Shyvana

I'd like to ask you another question if you don't mind. There is one interesting individual in League and basically we know very little about him. I am obviously referring to Mordekaiser. Would you mind telling me your opinion about this "living armor". Perhaps you, seasoned fighted knows what hides beneath the dark armor?

Yours sincerely
BaronFingerCrush
Hello again, Baron.

I know even less than you do about his armor, I'm afraid. Though I realize that armor is a smart thing for any soldier to wear, the amount of armor that Mordekaiser covers himself with makes me question how brave he truly is. As for what's under it, I'm not sure. I've never bothered to examine his charred remains after I've ripped him apart. There's something alive under that armor though, that much I'm sure of.

Ask Shyvana

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solbrave View Post
Dear Shyvana

I frequently summon you on the fields of Justice, and I'm quite pleased to say you are one of the most unique champions I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Your ability to engage so many enemies head on, and come out on top...the power you command is staggering. I thank you for your participation and positive attitude in the face of adversity.

My actual question pertains to your insights on Kassadin. When I had the chance to summon him, he hasn't said much, or given me much of a...look inside the man in the armor.

What kind of person is he? Would you choose him as an ally?

Thank you,

Summoner Solbrave
Hello, Solbrave.

You flatter me. I try my best to serve Demacia.

Kassadin is a researcher. He's very smart, from what I know, and he's clearly incredibly brave. That said, he's foolish. What did he think would come of venturing to a Void city? He's lucky he didn't become another Malzahar. Irresponsible and short sighted, among other things.

But, he's on the side of justice. So, yes, I'd accept him as an ally without a second thought.

jude680

01-20-2012

Dear shyvana

now that sejuani is in the league have you spoken to her