The Quality Guides Project

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2010

I find Beej's guide to early game and laning pretty well done. Nominated!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=149979

Mr Geppetto

08-01-2010

I've read my share of guides both good and bad, and I agree, there's an almost overwhelming amount of junk to sort through. Even when you do find a good guide, the frequent balance patches to this game mean they're usually outdated.

When I have some time on my hands I'd be glad to work on this. The stickied guide index is a start, but the LoL community deserves... well, it deserves this.

Thumbs up.

Kamaro

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzvihar View Post
It is really a good idea, thumbs up. First of all i'd say, that 98% of the "guides" aren't guides at all, the writer just trows up some item, here and there, then he describes how to level the skills, but there is no real strategy discussed at all. However i found 3 excellent guides, and i'd say these should provide an example, how a guide should be detailed and written.

GiRLSTAR's Super Awesome Delicious Morgana Guide!

GiRLSTAR & Medikai's Ultra Pro Semi-Comprenshive Semi-Comprehensible Akali Guide

GiRLSTAR's Spectacularly Awesome Malzaguy the Incredible Guide

Thumbs up for GiRLSTAR also.
Posted by a junior member. Suspicious, you say?

Mr Geppetto

08-01-2010

Girls and their shenanigans!

*rollls eyes*

Restofarian

08-01-2010

TH is a boss with heim and was a boss when he wrote this guide (Oppenheimer+1)
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=1676557

Savsta

08-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk dragon View Post
I dont mean to nit pick, because I think this project is an awesome undertaking. BUT if your going to use the word QUALITY you might want to check some of these for voracity. This one was updated for .82 patch. A little behind. And whilst much of may will be similar, I dont really want to be running off an outdated guide such as this.

AIM7Sparrow

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
seriously, we should be able to hate vote things that are old and inaccurate, poorly written, or generally speaking not good guides for players to use as resources for bettering themselves. i mentioned earlier that two of the morgana guides shouldn't be on the list (the girlstar and hex queen ones), but i fear that the girlstar one might make the cut--making this entire thread/project pointless.
I completely agree. That's the problem with nominations. There's no reason that the people doing the nominating are or know any better than those who write the terrible guides. Random noobs could follow a guide and pub-stomp faceroll and then nominate it thinking it's actually a good guide just because they won in the 1000 Elo bracket.

I propose a secondary check or fail-safe, if you will, in that in addition to receiving the 10 nominations, a guide must also have a minimum up-vote ranking to qualify.

So far the only 2 guides that have qualified as "Quality" are mine and Hyfe's and, apologies for my boldness, I believe this is rightfully so. I think, however, that with time, more and more unfit guides will be nominated and it, indeed, is only a matter of time before even bad guides receive 10 votes cast from beginners picking them up and winning with them.

An even more official/badass, yet admittedly over-the-top solution would be that a group of some sorts could be formed to either accept or veto guides receiving 10 nominations. Members could be the first three or something having a guide receiving Quality status. (tehe)

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Amazed these haven't come up before (or at least that I haven't seen them).

Nicosharp's Weeba Wousa Gragas Guide: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=73252

I believe this contains guides to both Bodyslamming Gragas (DPS, I guess?) and Tank Gragas, both of which can be very nice. And considering that Gragas doesn't even have any entries on the masterlist of guides, well...

Occy

08-02-2010

Since u brought up Morgana guides: http://clgaming.net/board/index.php?...ad&threadID=62
I have a whole list of the best guides, i've found, for each char (although i don't have EVERY char in the game i have most of the good ones ;D)

AIM7Sparrow

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occyron7 View Post
Since u brought up Morgana guides: http://clgaming.net/board/index.php?...ad&threadID=62
I have a whole list of the best guides, i've found, for each char (although i don't have EVERY char in the game i have most of the good ones ;D)

That Morgana guide is out-of-date and terrible even if it weren't. You've just proven my point. (Bottom of page)