Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Has Dominion Failed?

Yes 299 49.83%
No 301 50.17%
Voters 600 .

Has Dominion Failed (Please read)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quren

12-29-2011

Needs ranked for people to care on a large scale.

footynbeers

12-29-2011

i wouldnt say failed, but there is just no incentive to play it over SR apart from "having a break".
the ip bonuses and exp gains are too low for anyone to get into it, additionally, without a ranking or rating to strive for it will probably always fall behind SR in popularity

CloudCarry

12-29-2011

Quote:
Quren:
Needs ranked for people to care on a large scale.

please god dont tell them we want ranked dominion.

Dingus Khan

12-29-2011

Quote:
mikeylikesit17:
u can always have this opinion cause u totally know what magma chamber was going to be! also the problem with Dominion is the fact u have to defend points. people dont want objectives people just want to kill. u all know u have lost dominion or SR games often from these people.

Uhh, there was quite a bit of info about magma chamber, as well as an official map. People had a pretty good idea as to what it was going to be minus the jungle.

Bregan

12-29-2011

its a fun break, and a more engaging way to get the first-win-of-the-day bonus. balanced? hardly. twisted treeline is probably more balanced. revolutionary? give me a break, its a freaking minigame.

yondaimee24

12-29-2011

I agree on the fun break mode.

fuffykins

12-29-2011

I agree dominion sucks balls

binch

12-29-2011

It's hard to say, really.

League of Legends was a pretty ****ty game in early beta - it wasn't until the UI overhaul that it really caught any attention. I think there's still hope for Dominion, though I personally do not enjoy it at the moment.

Hyrup

Recruiter

12-29-2011

Quote:
Amnesa:
Honestly i liked the idea at first, fast pace and continous fighting but i have to say the fact you have to be so capture point focused really killed it after a while for me.

Exactly, the fighting is so capture point based it's boring.

yondaimee24

12-30-2011

I think the problem is even the devs don't take it seriously, they are no updates really, and balance is ignored completely.