Ahri in dominion guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryokoseigo2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2011

At first glance she seems horrible for dominion, since she has 305 movement speed and cant get to a point at any speed worth bubbles...Not to mention she has a lot of aoe damage potential. But I've had great success with her and would like to share my thoughts on her.
I create a guide on mobafire since its the easiest.
but the jist is below

TLDR- Get mobility boots and build tanky and you'll dominate 1v1 and survive most 2v1's, play passively, get health relics every time one exists, always poke when possible.
Rylai, will of the ancients+ 1 more tanky item from the list.

build link is below, I didnt post it so not to look like I'm trying to get views, but he did so meh.
If you don't think it looks good, or my information is wrong, comment on it. But first try it. Don't use preconceptions of what you assume is best, or assume will or will not work.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-29-2011

rylize...
you wrote a guide and you can't even name the item?
and fyi, Rylai and WotA isn't a new build for Ahri...

edit:
here is the link : http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/1st-place-ahri-domination-165710
I prefer CDR boots over mobility, it's important to have low cooldown with her.
And I prefer Odyn's Veil over Force of Nature, but the speed boost may help.
But maybe you won't be able to buy all those item, so Guardian Angel may be a better choice...

edit 2: well... I'll give you your downvote back then

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2011

i like how u have great success and only win about 50% of your games

and points does not accurately reflect performance in dom

Ryokoseigo2

12-29-2011

I had a big post to write... but firefox accidentally ate it...So its getting tldr'd again...
Anyways, I didnt post the link for 2 reasons, 1 so I dont look like Im simply asking for views on it. And 2, so people dont troll downvote it, as I noticed I instantly got a downvote once I posted it with the link...
My guide was for a very specific goal, and the strategies and gear I posted are to achieve that goal. There are many ways to play dominion, and in this case, I feel my guide accomplishes the goal well. This wasn't about winning every match, but getting ranked first in every match. Very specific. Also, The match I showed, was a 4v5 match that I lost. 20 kills in a losing battle is not something to be scoffed at. I also never once said I am an expert dominion player, or an expert LoL player. But considering my results, you cant tell me the goal wasnt achieved.

Your choices may yield great returns for you, but that doesn't mean it can accomplish the goal of yielding 1st place as often as possible. It may get more kill, assists, caps etc, but thats not what I was aiming for.

I also dont like mdef in dominion, as its not as practical as def. Casters are often the first to die, and as such are on the field the least, they are also the slowest champions of the bunch so with my build I can almost always run away if they are a problem. They also melt from a charm, + turret hits combo. In comparison to AD's who get PD's and move a heck of a lot faster, may get a frozen mallet to slow you, and overall can wreck your day a lot easier. Also AP's are rarer in dominion, which leaves most team comps with 3 AD's.

Yaladilae

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokoseigo2 View Post
I also dont like mdef in dominion, as its not as practical as def.
Hi I am Poppy
Hi I am Kassadin
Hi I am Shaco

Ryokoseigo2

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaladilae View Post
Hi I am Poppy
Hi I am Kassadin
Hi I am Shaco
Poppy charges at you, devastating blows you. You then spirit rush away, charm, Q, W, spirit rush away some more. You have now done about the same damage poppy has to you. At this point you can escape if you are close to a speed shrine, or fight it out if you think you can land your skillshots. If you built frozen heart, poppy's auto attacks will be a joke, and thus she can only effectively damage you on her devastating blow every 2.4 - 4 seconds. While you will get some level of health back on your spells, and will be running away the entire fight, strategically towards health relics. That is worst case scenario. A better case scenario would be you getting the drop/poke on her before she can get near you. If she ults someone else, your dead >.> But my guide mentioned that you should be doing a lot of solo play, which means she has to ult you.

Kassidin- nothing you do besides merc treads can counter silence. BUT if you throw charm out as he uses it, you can effectively nullify the silence duration if you hit. You will be more tanky than he is, and be able to take his initial burst with ease. He also most likely wont have wota so you will heal during the fight, and you have summoners heal for even more health. You also can outrun him, if your know how to juke as he will have lowish movement speed and can only jump every 4 seconds. Outrunning him mean you can get to health shrines first, hit movement shrines first, and effectively kite him to death, or escape.

Shaco- Range him. He will deceive, you shoot your ball then run backwards. If your lucky you hit him, and also got out of melee range. His boxes are hard to counter regardless of gear, but if your building mdef simply to counter boxes... your doing it wrong. You can ignore trap boxes by simply staying in lanes, or on turret point. And in battle boxes can be destroyed easily enough. Of course the option of just buying an oracles extract works too. In a 1v1 you should virtually always come out on top, considering an even fight.

My point is, it isn't always about gear to counter a champion. positioning to get health relics and speed shrines, and using brush can make all the difference.

Yaladilae

12-29-2011

Your arguement is as flaw as saying you can discover gravity without the apple...

But anyway, I won't even try an argue with you
Play with some better players before making a guide.. seriously

Or do yourself a favor, get a 8 win streak with Ahri, then come back to do a guide...

On another note, It's not I hate you or your guide or anything, but I just hate these free week Ahri, then follow a random bad guide, then cry for buffs, then later gets nerfed into oblivion....

Ryokoseigo2

12-29-2011

you didnt give a single reasoning as to why my argument is flawed...

There is no surefire way to build any character to ensure you will get a dominion win with a large deal of certainty. If there was, people would spam that character every game.

Carrying yourself in dominion doesnt work the same as SR. You simply cant win a 1v5 dominion match even if you started at lv 18 with full gear, and everyone else started at 1. At best a single player can 100% defend a point forever, or consistently cap 1 point.

You can do well, and aid your team to victory, but a troll in dominion is nearly a death sentence, in compared to SR, where a fed character has the potential to 1v5 the enemy team.

In conclusion- upon realizing this, I decided to see if I could get rank 1 in every match. You cant win them all, but you can score highest in them all. While yes score isnt entirely a indicator of how well you did, it is decent.
I could show you my cap/neutralize/ k/d/a ratios of other matches, in basically every match I had the highest kills, and caps/neutralizes. This is at its core the best a person can do to win the match.
I will admit not every game went amazingly, but every single score had higher kills then deaths. And a few of them went something like 11/05 or 14/4/8. And I dont think I ever lost out in caps/neutralizes. I am NOT the best player ever, or even an amazing one. But I think I have figure out dominion as ahri with a decent level of certainty to yield rank 1 most games.

(of note, I wasn't using this account to play the matches so checking its records wont help you, my recent records were playing with RL friends, which never turns out well)

Also yes, free week ahri is annoying, but not as much as Blitz or twitch... I haven't seen a single good Blitz yet. Most twitches dont realize they are visible under turrets...

Yaladilae

12-29-2011

Well, I don't want to start saying too much

But 54 Dominion wins?????? Sorry, come back when you meet a good poppy, good shaco and good kassadin

Then you will see why you do need that mdef....

Want to add some pain for you, meet a LeBlanc, and a Ryze

DarkTemplar99

12-29-2011

I don't think you should build her tanky. I like to max her W and get 2 or 3 levels of her Q before I get charm so I'm able to do more damage than putting it into her charm and missing it.

I build her with Death Cap and MPen Boots. The faster you get these 2 items the more powerful you are early, and you can snowball. Later on, get your resist items.