Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips for Screen Lock

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neuronz

12-28-2011

I am having a problem because i play with my screen locked and it really limites my playing, if i were to learn how to play with my screen being unlocked i could probably increase my play by a small amount. But my problem is getting used to it, and i know you wil probably just say practice it and you will get used to it. but are there any videos out there or any tips you can share on how you should position your screen.

What i did and had some problems with was i would make my character be at the very top of the screen so i could see everything under me and this helped a lot especially when i was on purple side defending bottem pushed to my turret. Normally i could not see them but with screen unlocked you can, but when i did this like i said i positioned my character at the top of my screen, and the problem here is when they would rush me i would have trouble getting away because in an effort to get away i would fling my mouse up a lot and then i would be way off of my character and i kept doing that and could not seem to help it.

There are more problems i have similar to this so if you have any advice at all i would be very grateful Merry christmas and happy new year.

Thanks in advanced.

Acolarh

12-28-2011

You might want to start with bot games or something, since losing them is not really likely, and it would help you get used to it. Also custom games, you don't even have to have any opponents on those. You could just take a lane and farm and get used to the camera angle and moving around with it.

Neuronz

12-28-2011

i said please don't just say practice, thats worthless information. Why would i practice doing something wrong, i would like information on doing it correctly so i can practice doing it well.

FaerellG

12-28-2011

Here's a tip:
When in Unlocked mode, if you hold down Spacebar, it toggles on the lock to your champion.

So keep it in unlocked mode, and start by playing with Spacebar held down. When it occurs to you that you need to look elsewhere (unlock) then lift your thumb from space bar and boom...unlocked mode, go where you need to look. Then when you want to focus back on your champ, press and hold spacebar again.

It's a good way to hybridize lock/no-lock.
Start of by practicing with your Thumb held down, and you can gradually move on to being fully unlocked.

CapriciousXII

12-28-2011

Quote:
FaerellG:
Here's a tip:
When in Unlocked mode, if you hold down Spacebar, it toggles on the lock to your champion.

So keep it in unlocked mode, and start by playing with Spacebar held down. When it occurs to you that you need to look elsewhere (unlock) then lift your thumb from space bar and boom...unlocked mode, go where you need to look. Then when you want to focus back on your champ, press and hold spacebar again.

It's a good way to hybridize lock/no-lock.
Start of by practicing with your Thumb held down, and you can gradually move on to being fully unlocked.

this

also, the advice above this is actually helpful. The principles are the same so I dunno why there would be a "wrong" way of doing it even if it was a practice game.

there really is no wrong way to doing it, you see what you need to see. if you look too far away and not pay attention to your own character, you might walk blindly into death so theres nothing wrong with using it in a practice game.

also, its more of the player just getting used to it rather than it being an actual skill to utilize. it becomes second nature after a while.

dopps

12-28-2011

I think you've been trolled. OP can't be serious.

Tepin

12-29-2011

When I was getting used to having my screen unlocked I literally leaned on the space bar whenever I was moving my champ if I wanted him in my vision. This kept me in my comfort zone most of the time, and as you get more used to it being unlocked you'll start to explore the map more. It's biggest benefit will be when you get comfortable with it in fights though.

jjunkk

12-30-2011

Basically, what was said above: Space centers the camera.
But also, there's an option in the settings to change the UI size.
Making the UI smaller allows you to see more of the screen. This is really helpful, as it doesn't require any special attention or skill.
After that, just mess around with the screen unlocked. Use space, but let go of it and move the screen if you need to see something else.

Another tip, you can click on the minimap to change which section of the map is shown.
This is really helpful for global ults and general map awareness.

Tallenna

01-05-2012

guess ill have to try it out and see what happens. i use locked as well but i think unlocked would be the better play style. guess ill have to get used to dying a lot at first haha