Hey Riot, normal draft is prioritizing premades.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0MENTUM

Senior Member

12-28-2011

I can confirm the OP, I play with my 2 roommates all the time, and any time its all 3 of us playing, we are the top 3 picks every single time without exception.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PacificStar

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
I always solo queue normal draft, I'm always 4th or 5th pick. Almost never above.

50+ games combined from different users isn't a small sample.
What I meant is that I collected 50+ games of data so people wouldn't say that I pulled this out of my ass


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

codeOuroboros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Every time I queue up with friends we're on top.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xerxes727

Senior Member

12-28-2011

its also very possible that while it doesn't prioritize people in group queues to be at the top it does treat them as a block, which would in essence do the same thing as prioritizing them without being written to do so. so if you are a trio, it will put you together in one block of three, no one in between you. and if the starting order is random, your block now has a 3/5 chance of one of them being the first person, with the rest inevitably following them. thus being top 3. the duo will only have a 2/5 chance. and if your are solo then you have 1/5 always. which means that while technically you have the same chances at getting the first spot as every individual player, the group has better odds overall of one of them receiving it, bumping you immediately down 3 or 4 spaces. hope this helps.

not saying it doesn't inherently prioritize groups, just offering an alternative explanation, should still definitely be check out to be sure tho


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

League of Raging

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
While it's possible that your sample is too small, or that it's just that people tend to play premades in normal draft, I'll look into it!
Phreak you got a week off.. GTFO you no life


jk love you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EdgarAllanProse

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes727 View Post
its also very possible that while it doesn't prioritize people in group queues to be at the top it does treat them as a block, which would in essence do the same thing as prioritizing them without being written to do so. so if you are a trio, it will put you together in one block of three, no one in between you. and if the starting order is random, your block now has a 3/5 chance of one of them being the first person, with the rest inevitably following them. thus being top 3. the duo will only have a 2/5 chance. and if your are solo then you have 1/5 always. which means that while technically you have the same chances at getting the first spot as every individual player, the group has better odds overall of one of them receiving it, bumping you immediately down 3 or 4 spaces. hope this helps.

not saying it doesn't inherently prioritize groups, just offering an alternative explanation, should still definitely be check out to be sure tho
This would be the same thing as just lowering the size of a team, if anything having duos and trios in your game should increase your chances of having a high tier pick considering it packs them together.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xerxes727

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAnony View Post
This would be the same thing as just lowering the size of a team, if anything having duos and trios in your game should increase your chances of having a high tier pick considering it packs them together.
no, if it packed them together and counted them as 1, it would give you a greater chance. but if it packs them together and still counts them as individuals, then their probability of getting top seat increases over your own.

if it changed it from picking 1 of 5 to be first to 1 of 3 (2 duos and a single) you would be right, roll a 1 and your first, roll a 2 and duo#1 is first, roll a 3 and duo#2 is first.

but what i am saying is if it packs them together but still treats them as individuals. roll a 1 and you are first, roll a 2 and duo#1 member#1 is first, making duo#1 member#2 second, or vice versa if a 3 is rolled. now roll a 4 and duo#2 member#1 is third and duo#2 member#2 is fourth or vice versa if a 5 is rolled. now you can switch the two duo queues and nothing would change at all, in this scenario, both duos are interchangeable as they represent the same value. so if it is done that way,they are much more likely to get that number one spot. of course the system would probably not be so simple as the rolling of a die.

im not saying it is definitely done this way, but this would explain it not being written to prioritize groups queuing yet doing it all the same. i could also be wrong as technically you should still have a 1 in 5 shot at being first. this would only increase the chances that a group is on top, not decrease your chance at being on top.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udub

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
While it's possible that your sample is too small, or that it's just that people tend to play premades in normal draft, I'll look into it!
It's been this way since release.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crusnik07

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2011

If I solo queue I am 4/5th pick 9/10 times, in my past month of playing games I was never first pick once. When my friend and I duo queue we always get 1st/2nd place unless the other 3 are a premade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man of God2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Who says I can't enjoy some LoL forums once in a while?

I didn't say I was going to look into it NOW.

I'll look into it next year.
too pro.