Hey Riot, normal draft is prioritizing premades.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sallad Hunter

12-28-2011

ThIs is very true. It might not supposed to be this way but it is. Every time I tri/quad Que with friends we are the first to select.

The vast majority of the time I solo Que I'm placed 4-5 and I have a habit of asking who above me is premade and see if I can join their voice communication. And every time the premades are up top unless you catch the rare and I mean rare 5 random people paired.

Ragnar Draconus

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
While it's possible that your sample is too small, or that it's just that people tend to play premades in normal draft, I'll look into it!
He's right. It's been that way since it came out.

IsilZha

12-28-2011

Ack, thread moves fast, pages were added by the time I got my post in. EDIT: Man this "embarrass" smiley is dumb looking.

The example of 25 games is a much more adequate sample set (and specific.) I'd lean towards pre-mades getting priority at this point as well. The fact that I didn't really notice it means I'm likely the outlier and just happen to get more randoms than you guys.

Crush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

I have the same experience. I don't usually duo in normal draft, but whenever I solo queue I have never once gotten first or second pick. It's kind of irritating.

Magnesia

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
I have the same experience. I don't usually duo in normal draft, but whenever I solo queue I have never once gotten first or second pick. It's kind of irritating.
Yup. I always try to duo or triple in draft just to get good placement. Solo'ing and being forced into a role isn't very fun.

PacificStar

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAnony View Post
Thanks for not being apathetic like me and actually recording this Pacific.
NP man, I actually KNEW that someone would say the sample size is too small, or that anecdotal evidence is not worth while. Took me a few months to collect the data

EDIT: What I mean is that I collected 50 games of data so that I had support for the assertion that group queues get higher picks over solo queues in normal draft mode.

ZallKlos

12-28-2011

I always solo queue normal draft, I'm always 4th or 5th pick. Almost never above.

50+ games combined from different users isn't a small sample.

Saanx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

Just got to be #2 today. For the first time. Ever. In solo queue. Guess that's the all5random match

Magnesia

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
I always solo queue normal draft, I'm always 4th or 5th pick. Almost never above.

Even if it's a "small" sample, it's large enough to see a definite pattern. I'm glad Phreak found this post when he did, I really want to see what Riot thinks.

EdgarAllanProse

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post

The numerous cases having this issue adds to the validity of the argument as well.