Hey Riot, normal draft is prioritizing premades.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

12-28-2011
1 of 14 Riot Posts

While it's possible that your sample is too small, or that it's just that people tend to play premades in normal draft, I'll look into it!

EdgarAllanProse

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
While it's possible that your sample is too small, or that it's just that people tend to play premades in normal draft, I'll look into it!
Thanks man.

DannyIzSik

12-28-2011

It does, never not had 1st-3rd pick when you have a trio queue. Or quadra queue the random always gets last.

SnP Mashiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

true story ive played 100+ games with a buddy we played every night for about 5-6 hours a day(way to much i know) and everytime we were first 2 slots

Rikukun

12-28-2011

Quote:
while there definitely are a lot of premades out there, I think more people solo or duo queue in normals. although I have no data to back it up, I usually play normals, and this is what I normall see.

IIZekoII

12-28-2011

Premades shouldn't be placed as a "package" in the champion select. Everyone should be randomized on a position once in the lobby.That way,premades or not,everyone have the exact same equal chance to have every picks.

The Stormchaser

12-28-2011

phreak aint you supposed to be on vacation?

Ammiravus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

Quote:
I thought you still had some time left on your vacation.
Get outta here!

EdgarAllanProse

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIZekoII View Post
Premades shouldn't be placed as a "package" in the champion select. Everyone should be randomized on a position once in the lobby.That way,premades or not,everyone have the exact same equal chance to have every picks.
I actually kind of like the package set up, it makes coordinating picks easier to do.

Pira8

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAnony View Post
I figured I would mention it because Phreak said normal draft doesn't do this.

However, I duo queue with a friend frequently, we are always first/second, third/fourth, or fourth/fifth. We never get second/third. I ask whenever people are above us in champion selection, and they have always said yes to being a duo or tri queue.

Whenever I solo queue, I am almost always fourth or fifth pick, with third pick on rare occasions. Any time I'm third pick, the people below have always said no to being a duo queue. Most of the time the picks above me are either a duo or tri queue, and sometimes I get a quad queue. I do have rare games where everyone is solo though.

My point is, whenever I duo queue, my friend and I are never placed below solo queues, and whenever I solo queue, I am never placed above premades of any number. Ever.

I think this is very true, I mostly solo queue for draft normals and end up 4/5 picks; very high percentage 75% of the time. First and second picks are very rare and 3 is somewhat. I don't think this is by pure chance; more to do with prioritizing groups first.