Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Luck hell" rather than ELO hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azellos

12-28-2011

I'm not low ELO, but i've recently been losing matches due to bad luck. I know most people will tell me "its in your head", but my last 3 matches had a dc on my team... its rather frustrating. I was wondering if there's a trick people do to get over it, or if they just have to tough it out until things pick up again?

ExecutionerK

12-28-2011

I do consider 1300s as low ELO though

Anywhere below 1400s, trolls exist everywhere because it is close to the starting ELO, and you often find new players in that range as well.

Azellos

12-28-2011

^ i was 1488 until this started happening to me

Ortus2

12-28-2011

vouch also 1600 is luck based

ExecutionerK

12-28-2011

Quote:
Azellos:
^ i was 1488 until this started happening to me

If you do have the skill level of 1488, trust me.
Play AP mid or jungler, if you actually win the early game, you will carry the whole game.

Only if you do deserve that rating though, otherwise, you are belong to where you are right now.

fangbot

12-28-2011

Just remember that on a 5v5 team, if you are even slightly better than your current elo indicates, you are essentially flipping a coin with higher probability to win than lose. Over the course of 100+ games, its not uncommon to flip a 55% coin and lose 3 times in a row.

IMO, the only flaw in the elo system is the human tendency to feel a lot worse about 3 losses than to feel good about 3 wins.

WangBlade

12-28-2011

I agree with fangbot!

Azellos

12-28-2011

thats true, coming back now i've had 2 wins pretty easily. I dont have a problem carrying 5v5s less than 1400, its just when i have DCs on my team or when there's that 1/12 player or whatnot (which never happneed to me as much as it did recently). One thing i've learned is you really just have to stick with it and eventually things even out.

Goodguy Hopper

12-28-2011

Quote:
Azellos:
thats true, coming back now i've had 2 wins pretty easily. I dont have a problem carrying 5v5s less than 1400, its just when i have DCs on my team or when there's that 1/12 player or whatnot (which never happneed to me as much as it did recently). One thing i've learned is you really just have to stick with it and eventually things even out.

You've got it now ^_^

larkhill

12-28-2011

ever watched some of the pro's streams? they have just as many terrible trolls as there are in elo hell.