Twisted Treeline Players are Slapped Hard

1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swg

Recruiter

12-27-2011

Update: UP VOTE AND BUMP FOR DRAFT MODE!

The League of Legends community has recently grown to over 32 million players. Yes, this is a very impressive number, but has anyone recorded how many of
those active players play on the Twisted Treeline map?

I would say most level 30 summoners have only played a couple of 3v3 games, and a large group of them have never even set foot on the map.

Well if you ever que in for a 3v3 game you will see that the match is found just as fast the summoners rift que. This shows that there are in fact people who are actively playing on this map.

There is a 3v3 ranking system, and there is an active 3v3 section on the forums. It is very easy to see that there is a fan base of players who love to play on the 3v3 map. Yes I will admit it is small, but it is certainly there.

The main reason as to why there is a significantly larger number of players who participate on SR over TT is due to the balance of champions. Without going
into details, it's safe to say that every champ that is designed, nerfed, and buffed has been done so in favor to SR.

I would bet my car that a Riot employee has never said the words, "No we can't do that, because then it wont be balanced on Twisted Treeline ".

Now here comes the slap: on a map where there is such a high rate of imbalanced champions such as tryndamere, lee sin, or singed, why release a draft mode option only for Summoners Rift, yet leave Twisted Treeline as is?

The number one cry from the TT community is a demand for draft mode. There have been hundreds of threads made now by both high elo 3v3 players and casual players who are begging for draft mode to be implemented, yet there has not been a single response from one Riot employee.

As an active player in both 3v3 and 5v5 I can say that the number one turn off in a TT game is having to play versus a tryndamere, lee sin, or a singed. You should not have to worry before every game starts about seeing one of those three on the loading screen or have to rely on picking the counters to those champions every game for the off chance that their team might have them.

Draft mode is very succesful in SR as teams get to practice in a simulated ranked experience. I am aware that people also solo and duo in draft mode to keep up
with the current meta bans, but most would rather go into blind pick to avoid the unbearable long que times.

If draft mode was to be released on the 3v3 map i gaurentee that 90% of games qued by level 30 summoners who are eligible for draft mode, would choose it every time without a doubt. Since there are only 6 players as opposed to 10, there would not be the long draft que time issue as there is in SR.

Now it is very understandable that Riot is using all of its time and resources towards the main event which is in fact Summoners Rift, but there are a large group of players who only play Twisted Treeline.

Many prefer the faster paced game play, the fun in creating unique three man team compositions with your friends, the joy of only having to find two friends as
opposed to four for a game, the shorter average game lengths. The list goes on and on..

Don't believe me? Go ahead and post in the TT forum section, ask the community why THEY play on the map as oppose to SR, and just be amazed by the number of
replies you will receive and the never ending list of reasons.

Better yet que a game or two of TT for yourself and meet the players themselves. You will run into many players who have over one thousand, even two thousand wins, and they have all been on the TT map only because they simply enjoy it more so then SR.

Whether you are a 3v3 player, or a 5v5 player - please up vote and bump this thread in hopes for a Riot Post and maybe..just maybe the communities one request will be granted.

The Twisted Treeline community has been left in the dark long enough, please provide us with 3v3 Normal Draft Mode.

- Smokex

Update: Someone moved the post from general discussion to this forum...

Update: We made it over to 100 up votes! Thanks for the support everyone : )

Update: Over 200 votes now!!!!

McRooster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2011

Nobody cares about 3s.

Crusnik07

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

I don't give a **** 'bout my reputation
You're living in the past, it's a new generation
A girl can do what she wants to do and that's what I'm gonna do
And I don't give a **** 'bout my bad reputation

Oh no, not me

Mythiicmaan

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrooster View Post
nobody cares about 3s.
qft

Farmer Yi

12-27-2011

Cool story

Cenerae

12-27-2011

I guess there's no reason why there shouldn't be draft normals for TT.

Even if there's only like 50 people who play it.

Nrse Mes

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRooster View Post
Nobody cares about 3s.
This thread is proof of how dumb this comment is.

Darth Nub

12-27-2011

I would play 3's if there was draft mode. NO TRYNDAMMERRRREEEE

Xerexsus

12-27-2011

This belongs in the 3v3 forum. Since you admit that the 3v3 scene is small that explains the lack of attention given to it. I don't know why this is surprising to you.

Mr Seto Kaiba

12-27-2011

i like duh dominion

1234511 ... 23