Wont let me get past all updates are complete!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

House Painter

10-08-2009

Hey world, who can help me?

when i start up LoL it loads up the bottom, then it will say all updates complete.
But the server status, news, and community all just sit there and spin. I cant click on play at all, however i can click on options and logs. Ive been playing for a while now and never had any problems, could it be anything with my graphics card? Ive already tried to forward my ports if that does anything, and i already did all the other stuff i read on the site!

but here are my diagnostics if you need them.

reapermaster

10-08-2009

.... that doesnt make alot of sence.. The news and all that is pulled from this webiste. You are able to post and obviously login from a browser.

What browser do you use?
Have you ever been able to get into a game?

House Painter

10-08-2009

i always can get into games... I'm lvl 30, and did you mean browser as in Firefox?

reapermaster

10-08-2009

open IE and try to login to http://beta.leagueoflegends.com

something isnt quite right.

An alternative is to have it reload the launcher.

Quote:
If you are stuck at "Retrieving Version Information"
try renaming C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Patcher.version
to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Patcher.version.bak

House Painter

10-08-2009

haha wow i feel like an idiot... but who woulda known haha. well except you!! All i had to do was set internet explorer as my default browser and now its working.... haha is there a reason why that is? But really thank you so much for you help!! really thank you!!

Incanto

10-09-2009

I'm a new player and I am having same problem. After starting LoL the Launcher says: All Updates complete, however the server status, news, and community loading icons continue to spin. It won't let me start the game from this point.
I have switched my default browser to IE and it still hasn't worked. Can anyone help me?

reapermaster

10-10-2009

try going through this post http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=15428

specifically I am interested in what the results would be from solution 4.