Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How does this new rating system work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MkAbandon

07-14-2010

I've been doing some solo queue's and I was so excited that I wouldn't get noobs, however everyone starts at the same rating. So I get a few crappy teammate lose my first game (-29) won the next three and then lost again but this time (-33) how do they determine what your rating is?

I though it was gonna be based of how well you did, how well your team did, and who you beat (there scores and overall wins etc..) because if my rating goes down because I'm playing with level 27 noobs and what not, and Im the only one on my team with a positive score, how will I ever play people with my same rating?

If someone could explain how it works that be great.

Jordanonfire

07-14-2010

My question is, what is the normal drop after a loss?
Because I was under the impression that you would drop less after a loss if you lost a 4v5 match.
I play my first (and only thus far) ranked game last night and our Taric d/ced before we even spawned. Played the whole thing for 25 min 4v5, did ok but got pretty much overrun, surrendered at a little after 25min, and then lost 32 points.

I was under the impression that 32 was a substantial amount, but I could be wrong...

Be Nice Eric

07-14-2010

I'd also like to see a Riot post on this... we were running a 5 man team last night and all of us were getting different gains/losses per game. When we all started at 1200 rating 0/0

MkAbandon

07-14-2010

It is very confusing and I would like to kno if it is mostly based on how well I did or how well the team did, because if my rating will go down because of feeders ( 5 deaths in 10 mins) then there is no point of solo queue ranked games

idk my first game i lost 29, last game i lost 33, and the other 4 i won in a row, I got 33 rating points each game.... So i am really confused

Hatsuma

07-14-2010

Quote:
TimeVice:
I'd also like to see a Riot post on this... we were running a 5 man team last night and all of us were getting different gains/losses per game. When we all started at 1200 rating 0/0

Interesting. Can you elaborate?

Silverx2

Recruiter

07-14-2010

if you win you get points, if you lose you lose points

If you win vs a really good team you get more points
if you win vs a really bad team you get less points

if you lose to a very good team you lose on a few points
if you lose to a very bad team you lose a bunch of points

Be Nice Eric

07-14-2010

Quote:
Hatsuma:
Interesting. Can you elaborate?

Unfortunately, my friends played a few games since last night so the stats aren't all the same anymore.

But basically, we all queued up together for our first 5v5 ranked match, none of us had played before. And after the game, some of us were rated in the 1240's and some in the 1250's.

It wasn't performance based bc I went 12-0 pantheon and didn't receive the highest rating. The only thing I could think of was that it interracts with our formal "normal game" elo, or takes your solo/duo 5v5 ranked into account bc we did have discrepancies in that rating.

Myth51

07-14-2010

Quote:
Silverx2:

^ This.

And this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Jordanonfire

07-14-2010

Quote:
Silverx2:

Good job ignoring pretty much every post in this thread.

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

07-14-2010

I think since its everyone's first few games there is a slight system similar to smurf detection which causes larger changes in your Elo based slightly on performance in game
but don't quote me on it
and i'm just guessing

but otherwise it should work in the exact same way it did before our Elo was revealed