Nook Tablet or Amazon Kindle Fire

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carrier Ant

12-27-2011

I was wondering which was better. I have already looked at stats and read reviews comparing both and stuff. But I wanted first hand experience support.

I was wondering if there was anyone that could tell me about the device you have and why you love it. Please, I am just trying to compare the two listed in the title.

Thanks
~Carrier Ant

Carrier Ant

12-27-2011

bump

EDIT: Unnecessary bump...for shame. Sorry guys

Elan Tedronai

12-27-2011

Serious with the bump? Your post was literally... literally the second post on the first page when you bumped.

Vorkon

12-27-2011

bump

Carrier Ant

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
Serious with the bump? Your post was literally... literally the second post on the first page when you bumped.
yea i know, but i didn't know if the thread got cycled to another page and I was really hoping the community might be able to come in and help me decide. Or at least shed some light on my question.

Armaldeus

12-27-2011

Nothing beats the paper of an actual book.

Carrier Ant

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaldeus View Post
Nothing beats the paper of an actual book.
I actually agree and a firm believer of this. But before you stop reading my post hear me out.

My mom bought me a new monitor for Christmas. But I already bought one for myself before Christmas. So we took it back to the store and now I have some extra money that I can use to buy anything I want. I had been thinking and thinking about what I would like to purchase and I finally came to buying a tablet/eReader. It occurred to me how convenient an eReader can be when reading multiple materials at a time. Not to mention a lot of colleges now use books that can be Purchased as an eReader book. This will allow me to cut back on book expenses, and having to carry one text book per class per semester (usually 4 classes). So now I want to get one.

TL;DR???
Paper is nostalgic, eReader is ergonomic.

Armaldeus

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier Ant View Post
I actually agree and a firm believer of this. But before you stop reading my post hear me out.

My mom bought me a new monitor for Christmas. But I already bought one for myself before Christmas. So we took it back to the store and now I have some extra money that I can use to buy anything I want. I had been thinking and thinking about what I would like to purchase and I finally came to buying a tablet/eReader. It occurred to me how convenient an eReader can be when reading multiple materials at a time. Not to mention a lot of colleges now use books that can be Purchased as an eReader book. This will allow me to cut back on book expenses, and having to carry one text book per class per semester (usually 4 classes). So now I want to get one.

TL;DR???
Paper is nostalgic, eReader is ergonomic.
I completely understand for this reason, trust me, I would do the same, rather than lug a backpack that weighs ~30lbs(as I did from fifth to my sophomore year of high school).

Carrier Ant

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaldeus View Post
I completely understand for this reason, trust me, I would do the same, rather than lug a backpack that weighs ~30lbs(as I did from fifth to my sophomore year of high school).
yea lol....those were the days...

Root and Shaw

12-27-2011

None, I would rather save my money for a native ICS tablet instead of a heavily modified gingerbead tablet.