Tiamat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

11Apparition11

12-27-2011

So as everyone knows, tiamat is useless. The reason it is useless is because of the mana/health regen (worthless on a non-tank/ad) and the attack damage that isn't worth the price. Also, the splash is too small.

Ask yourself, what team will clump together in a team fight?

One idea i had to remake this is to make it like Volibear's ult. Maybe not lighting, but something like Sivir's Ricochet or Kat's Bouncing blades. And during a fight, the effect prioritizes enemy champions. As for the stats, maybe increase the AD by 15 and give some attack speed/crit, maybe even some ARP. Just my 2 cents

Also, on a scale of Hue to Hue, where would you place tiamat?

Edit: why down votes?

Tiamat is not viable. Think of it not just in normal/ranked games, but also as a real item used in tournaments. Think of a team comp and when it's ACTUALLY useful. I really can't think of one.

11Apparition11

12-27-2011

P.S- Maybe a new item icon ?

Myrmidont

12-27-2011

its the only source of true damage from items right?....thats something!

Ryuujinmaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidont View Post
Quote:
true damage
No.

11Apparition11

12-27-2011

Maybe a stat/effect rework, and lower the cost?

Rage Virus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrmidont View Post
It's not true damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Apparition11 View Post
So as everyone knows, tiamat is useless. The reason it is useless is because of the mana/health regen (worthless on a non-tank/ad) and the attack damage that isn't worth the price. Also, the splash is too small.

Ask yourself, what team will clump together in a team fight?

One idea i had to remake this is to make it like Volibear's ult. Maybe not lighting, but something like Sivir's Ricochet or Kat's Bouncing blades. And during a fight, the effect prioritizes enemy champions. As for the stats, maybe increase the AD by 15 and give some attack speed/crit, maybe even some ARP. Just my 2 cents.
The cost of the item is very fair for its stats. You pay very little extra to gain AE damage. The problem is that you only have 6 slots for items and the fact that the AE is pretty small.

VanillaSpencer

12-27-2011

It really is just a joke item at this point...

Inb4 TIAMAT MUNDO IS OP MORELLO NERF NAO PLZ

11Apparition11

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohobojz View Post
It really is just a joke item at this point...

Inb4 TIAMAT MUNDO IS OP MORELLO NERF NAO PLZ
Lool

MisterMoogle

12-27-2011

Go try tiamat on Sion.
If you're teamfighting , go ult and you aoe everyone.
If you have one health, ult and attack a wave of monster.
500 health per second - 800.
You do 200 but you hit everyone.

Zero000x000

12-27-2011

No, the regen has nothing to do with why Tiamat is bad (well, maybe a little, but unimportant). The main problem with Tiamat is that the splash range is too small. It won't hit anything. So when you buy Tiamat you pay 300g for a passive that's useless outside of farming. ADs don't have problem farming and won't get it because they have BF items to build to scale better. Tanky-dps don't have problem farming, so something that gives raw AD isn't really that useful. If the splash can hit at least one other target, Tiamat would be incredibly good. But since it can't except in cases like having a Galio, it's not worth getting because it doesn't boost scaling for ADs. ADs maximize damage, Tiamat doesn't offer any extra damage.

To person above me, the splash does not apply lifesteal, or any other on-hit effects. The splash will carry over damage from crits though.