Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who should i play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

07-14-2010

So now ranked has appeared and banning of champions + only one champ per game has appeared i have a small issue.

At the moment i main Ashe and Taric. Funnily enough those 2 seem to get banned or taken before i get to make my pick so i need a bit more flexibilty. I like to kite, but happy to run into battle if necessary. Personally i dont like purely melee chars as i just tend to get owned...So who would people suggest i use and why?

deMorphine

07-14-2010

What kind of heroes do you like to play? Support? Carry?

Asylumseeker

07-14-2010

Characters i have played and done reasonably well with (apart from my 2 mains)
annie
teemo
zil
ezreal (pre many nerfs)
tf (after rework)
kat
sivir
singed
cho

Characters i liked but did badly with
trist
ramnus
shaco
sion
kennen

Characters i just plain sucked at
panth
anivia
dr mundo
jax
soraka
twitch
corki

Hopefully that gives an idea of what kind of characters i generally use. I like ranged really, but to be flexible for the team i would like to be able to play
2 tanks, 1 support tank(taric), 2 Ranged DPS (1 is ashe), 2 Ranged nukes.
(unless anyone has any other ideas of chars to play) and am willing to play any on the list. even in the sucked at list if people can help me play them better.

P.S. I like some form of CC on my characters, which is why i stopped playing kat.

McRofls

07-14-2010

Just practice all of the characters you enjoyed and did OK at.

Honestly a good Annie and TF are ALWAYS welcomed on a team. I love playing Kat, and a good Zilean can be beast when you combo with other hard-to-kill champions (Trynd, Shaco, etc)

NuQQ

07-14-2010

I'd try Ezreal out if I were you he's still a very potent hero, and he's got very strong kiting ability and damage output, tough he's getting the ban stick quite a lot.

Tristana is a very potent champion as well her Rocket Jump can be used offensively and defensively which seems to be what you're looking for.

The last hero I'd suggest would be Heimerdinger, he's just plain overpowered when he's pushing a lane with some sort of support.

Remember it's always good to be able to play about 2 carries, 2 tanks and a support or 2 depending on what picking position you get you'll be needed to fill all the roles possible in order to achieve victory !

Hope this helps,
Cheers.

Asylumseeker

07-14-2010

Thought about heimer but at the moment he is getting banned in every game ive played.

Ez i really liked using as a hybrid. My main issue with him was that i couldnt clear creeps away quick enough to stop the enemy from damaging turrets a lot.

Trist i dont know why but i cant seem to play her well. Any tips?