Best AS(attack speed) Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cuzzin

12-27-2011

Just wondering what you all think are the best AS champs out there? I just found my love for it and was wondering what champs are good with AS builds?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Kog and Twitch.

Both can be insane with high AS.

***Or backdoor mater yi

AquaLance

12-27-2011

Miss Fortune, Xin Zhao, Master Yi, Trisana, Warwick
These are CHamps that have ability AS themself very hight.
So if u have as 1000, ability support will be 1400-1700,
plus items support might be 2200 or higher ( 2-3 items only, not all 6 slots )

I play Xin Zhao with, shoes and 2 as items, atk speed is 1700, activate ability, as = 2200

Same with Yi, Tris, MF, Warwick

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Skarner gets CDR by having attack speed. Don't over buy it though; you need tank items.

SuperCheapJoe

12-27-2011

Just make sure you mix in on-hit abilities with it.

dskippy

12-28-2011

Attack Speed/On-Hit is a build that, primarily, works well on champions that you want to have a good early start and peak in the mid game. This is because is because it is the highest damage-per-second build for any champion for under 11k gold.

The core of the on-hit/attack speed build is: Berserker Greaves, Malady, Wit's End, Madred's Bloodrazors.

Most people will also run Frozen Mallet because a slow effect has great synergy with a strategy where you want to get lots of auto attacks in. Not to mention the extra hit points to complement Bloodrazor's armor and Wit's magic resist to make you a little more survivable.

Sword of the Divine is another good addition. This is because if you lock in a choice of getting Frozen Mallet, then the maximum DPS you can achieve for under 11k more gold is the aforementioned five on-hit items.

Certain champions work better with this build that others.

Teemo is the quintessential on-hit champ. He has his own built-in on-hit ability, so increasing his attack speed is a good combo.

Shaco is another great choice which has not been mentioned. This is because he is such a good early game champ and falls off late anyway. Further more, his clone applies on-hit effects and gains attack speed bonuses both at 100% effectiveness, where as the clone only gets 75% of his attack damage.

Warwick's ultimate makes the on-hit items amazing on him, because he applies several attack all in a row.

You can run this build on any champion and have it be effective. Keep in mind that you're going to see a lot of benefit early and mid game and fall off late game. Some champions want that, since their scaling naturally works this way and in LoL, you want to exaggerate your natural advantages.

Master Yi, in my opinion, is a terrible on-hit/attack speed champion. This is because his ultimate is so powerful that an attack speed build wastes it. Let's do some math.

Master Yi's attack speed, without items, at level 18 is:
0.679*(1+0.0298*17) = 1.02.

The game has a cap on attack speed which is 2.5. In order to get to 2.5 attack speed, should he so desire, Master Yi needs:
(2.5/1.02 - 1)*100% = 145% additional attack speed.

His ultimate, fully leveled, gives him 80% of that. So he only needs 145%-80%=65% attack speed from items, masteries, and runes before any more attack speed is wasted.

The standard on-hit/attack speed build gives:
50%+40%+60%+25%+40% = 215%.

By build the attack speed/on-hit build Master Yi is wasting 215%-65%=150% of that.

It's true that the extra attack speed is useful when his ultimate is off and only wasted when his ultimate is on. But certain champions excel in certain niches. Master Yi's is amazing DPS over a short period of time while his ultimate is on, allowing him to take out champions and get his ultimate back, or destroy a tower, which is where I personally think Yi is important.

Personally, I build Ghostblade on Yi, for the 50% attack speed active. I made up most of the remaining 14% it would take to get him to 2.5 attack speed with runes and masteries.

Ghostblade has good synergy with his ultimate because they are both temporary boosts that I can use together. The price you pay of not having the attack speed be passive and always on is made up for by the fact Ghostblade and the rest of your items all have a lot of attack damage, crit chance, and armor penetration. Also I'm now free to pick up Mercury Treads instead of Greaves since Yi hates to be CC'd.

BendyBread

12-28-2011

In terms of actual attack speed runes.

Udyr (phoenix stance/jungle build) and Skarner both run full attack speed marks.
Twisted Fate is said to run AS marks and glyphs but I don't know for certain.

Tristan Trades

12-28-2011

Without runes/masteries/items/skills. Shaco has the highest lvl1 AS, Evelyn has the hightest lvl18 AS.

cuzzin

12-28-2011

Thnx for all the great replys specially dskippy, well done thnx for the time.

Tepin

12-28-2011

Fizz!