Is the rammus issue ever going to be adressed?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-25-2011

He's disgustingly OP on dominion. Every game he's in, he carries the team. Boots 5 + ghost + powerball = Half of the windmill, no contest.

Mid-late game he just rolls up, can't be killed, disables whoever actually a threat, does tons of damage. If you try to focus him, you end up taking more damage than he does. Assuming he even gets low, he just power balls away.

I don't know how he could be fixed that wouldn't break him for summoner's rift.

But something has to be done.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2011

It's adressed, It's called draft.

FDru

12-25-2011

First of all, I accidentally upvoted you when I meant to quote. Woops. Now for your points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post
He's disgustingly OP on dominion. Every game he's in, he carries the team. Boots 5 + ghost + powerball = Half of the windmill, no contest.
Boots 5 + ghost = you can get there about 1 second after he does. Since interrupting a channel is instant and starting a channel takes time, he actually can only channel it for like 1/10th of the way.

Quote:
Mid-late game he just rolls up, can't be killed, disables whoever actually a threat, does tons of damage. If you try to focus him, you end up taking more damage than he does. Assuming he even gets low, he just power balls away.
Honestly armor pen is absurdly OP on this map so buy last whisper and faceroll your way to victory. He does NO damage unless he builds thornmail, and then he's only a threat to AD carries. Or pick Vayne, or WW, or Irelia, or Olaf, those champs can kill Rammus easily.

To prevent him from getting away you have to walk into him so his powerball hits you when he tries to use it. This is pretty much a "Micro 101" lesson.

Quote:

Draft mode.

Shaxtenn

12-25-2011

No, the Rammus issue is never going to be addressed.

Stimuz

12-25-2011

Rammus owns draft too. Rammus counters draft by eating one of the 6 bans every. single. game. Whats worse is that the team with first pick can abuse this by troll banning knowing you have to ban rammus and yorick to prevent an ass pounding.

gnmish

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atahl View Post

To settle this argument I would love it if someone from Riot could give us some true statistics to Rammus's win/loss ratio (preferably both at lower and higher ELO). I've seen so many REALLY bad Rammus players lately who fail epically, but obviously believe he's totally OP due to the constant whining on these forums.

Hopefully RicklessAbandon is still haunting the forums rather than spending time with his family over Christmas

FDru

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
To settle this argument I would love it if someone from Riot could give us some true statistics to Rammus's win/loss ratio (preferably both at lower and higher ELO). I've seen so many REALLY bad Rammus players lately who fail epically, but obviously believe he's totally OP due to the constant whining on these forums.

Hopefully RicklessAbandon is still haunting the forums rather than spending time with his family over Christmas
They have. It was something like 63% win rate.
(might have been one of those tracking sites, actually, but it was accurate as far as I know)

Therlun

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post

Not from Riot but 100k games is a pretty good base:
http://www.leagueofstats.com/champions/all/ODIN_UNRANKED

Taenaryn

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
First of all, I accidentally upvoted you when I meant to quote. Woops. Now for your points:

Boots 5 + ghost = you can get there about 1 second after he does. Since interrupting a channel is instant and starting a channel takes time, he actually can only channel it for like 1/10th of the way.

Honestly armor pen is absurdly OP on this map so buy last whisper and faceroll your way to victory. He does NO damage unless he builds thornmail, and then he's only a threat to AD carries. Or pick Vayne, or WW, or Irelia, or Olaf, those champs can kill Rammus easily.

To prevent him from getting away you have to walk into him so his powerball hits you when he tries to use it. This is pretty much a "Micro 101" lesson.

Draft mode.
I wreck face with Rammus but also wreck Rammus with every champ I've played in recent memory. He can be strong if played well but not invincible.

APen is definitely buffed on this map, but you're wrong about his damage. An AP Rammus is extremely viable. His Powerball is an AoE nuke with a 1.0 AP ratio than has a large hitbox. I only recall Veigar having a non-Ult that strong. His Tremors only has a .3 ratio... but it hits every second for 8 seconds, resulting in a staggering 1560 magic damage + 2.4 damage per ability power. A Rammus that is played well only builds Thornmail in certain circumstances (i.e. Yi or Nocturne or a similar autoattack champ) and counterbuilds where it's important. His passive damage is chump change. It's good, only because it's not actually bad. But no Rammus builds to take advantage of it.

To OP: Honestly, play a Rammus for a couple of games. You may find him hard or easy, but at the very least, you will learn some of his weaknesses. His speed can be countered by map awareness. He's only insanely tough during his Defensive Ball Curl. If he doesn't build for it, AP can rip him apart (outside of DBC) and his Powerball can be avoided by hiding behind minions. Spread out so he doesn't hit your whole team with it and run--just run--if he pops Tremors with an AP build. I have yet to find a Rammus that doesn't fall all to pieces when I gank him with Talon.

Stimuz

12-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
I wreck face with Rammus but also wreck Rammus with every champ I've played in recent memory. He can be strong if played well but not invincible.

APen is definitely buffed on this map, but you're wrong about his damage. An AP Rammus is extremely viable. His Powerball is an AoE nuke with a 1.0 AP ratio than has a large hitbox. I only recall Veigar having a non-Ult that strong. His Tremors only has a .3 ratio... but it hits every second for 8 seconds, resulting in a staggering 1560 magic damage + 2.4 damage per ability power. A Rammus that is played well only builds Thornmail in certain circumstances (i.e. Yi or Nocturne or a similar autoattack champ) and counterbuilds where it's important. His passive damage is chump change. It's good, only because it's not actually bad. But no Rammus builds to take advantage of it.

To OP: Honestly, play a Rammus for a couple of games. You may find him hard or easy, but at the very least, you will learn some of his weaknesses. His speed can be countered by map awareness. He's only insanely tough during his Defensive Ball Curl. If he doesn't build for it, AP can rip him apart (outside of DBC) and his Powerball can be avoided by hiding behind minions. Spread out so he doesn't hit your whole team with it and run--just run--if he pops Tremors with an AP build. I have yet to find a Rammus that doesn't fall all to pieces when I gank him with Talon.
I played a glass cannon AP rammus during this free week(blind pick) and ended the game with 630+ AP with lichbane and void staff. My ult was like fiddles but I died about as fast. It was definitely funny powerballing into someone at 50% HP and just having them die.

12345 ... 6