Are we really free?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AverteProxy

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsKill View Post
whoever controls the media controls the people

Many Americans would give up things if they get their daily dose of TV shows lol.
I think we're at the point where people want their daily dose of the internet - be it facebook or youtube - more than TV. I'm not saying we're TV independent just yet, but give it 10-20 years. Companies are realizing that they can offer service on the internet, like the NFL, which will be streaming games on its website this season. Others are sure to follow that example

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human 326 View Post
An interesting perspective; what leads you to view the validity of the book in question like you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3Boy View Post
You believe that the bible is true to an amazing extent for an Agnostic-Atheist. The bible can be diverted, you don't know. Back in the days of old, when people couldn't read, and the priests had to read the bible TO the people, the priests would often say things not in the bible to benefit themselves. Is it really so unbelievable that once the masses started attaining literacy, the men who printed the bibles did not add or take out passages so as to fit their beliefs?
I think you misunderstood me, I simply think that the best way to argue against an argument is arguing it on it's own grounds. And I do of course believe that the bible is entirely human made.

Ps.Sorry for the late response, been a bit busy with the holidays and whatnot.

AverteProxy

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabb View Post
I think you misunderstood me, I simply think that the best way to argue against an argument is arguing it on it's own grounds. And I do of course believe that the bible is entirely human made.

Ps.Sorry for the late response, been a bit busy with the holidays and whatnot.
That is true, but you defend the possibility that it may be true to a very amazing extent. What I said was merely to reply to when you said that the book either is or isn't true. I was just stating the possibility that it can be both.

This is blu3boy, by the way

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverteProxy View Post
That is true, but you defend the possibility that it may be true to a very amazing extent. What I said was merely to reply to when you said that the book either is or isn't true. I was just stating the possibility that it can be both.

This is blu3boy, by the way
No, I simply look at it objectively, like I do most things. Which is why I classify myself as an agnostic-atheist rather than a flat out atheist.

Blu3Boy

01-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crying angels View Post
After reading a lot of this discussion, I think some of you might like Noam Chomsky if you haven't heard of him already.

Looks pretty interesting, actually...Thanks for that

Blu3Boy

01-04-2012

A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence. QoTD

Pandaphilophobe

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3Boy View Post
A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort is not strictly speaking a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang violence. QoTD
So basically every single capitalist society isn't a society?