Some feedback on voice acting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meridian

10-08-2009

Here's my two cents;

Katarina - love most of her lines, and also her voice fits pretty well.. most of the time. There are a few lines, such as her 'intriguing..' and 'time for the danse macabre' that really don't sound like her at all. Especially the later is just said in a way that would fit a middle-aged angry landlady more than a young ninja-assassin-thingy-girl.

Morgana - Whoever is acting her, needs to stop talking from behind gritted teeth. Granted, her character is angry and stuff, but now you just overdid it. More Fallen Angel, less Angry Angel.

Nasus - Pure win. 'Nuff said.

Taric - One of my favorites, too bad that his looks don't match his voice at all. Ditch the shield and age him by some thirty years, and we're talking. The soft, tranquil we that he speaks in is totally cool and fitting for his character. Totally awesome lines, too.

Fiddlesticks - Fiddle is one of my favorite hero concepts. I like his voice okay and all, but he needs more lines. Seriously.

Rammus - So.. this guy is supposed to be known for his wit and twisted humor. So.. um.. yeah. Grrr, mrrrgrg, grmgrgrrr, and all that translates into smart jokes in armadillo language? Okay, carry on, then..

Evelynn - Okay, whoever did her voice, give her a cookie. Now. Her voice fits her character perfectly, the lines are good, and just from her voice, you can tell she's a naughty, naughty girl.

Mundo - I really don't like this character, although the concept of a mad doctor is good. I think Riot didn't do as well here as they could have, but Mundo's voice sounds exactly like it should for this type of guy - big, mean Darwin kid who just wants to decorate the christmas tree with your kidneys.

Singed - I think that his unelaborate, plain lines fit the character well. However, his voice sounds like two different guys were making it, and Riot couldn't decide which one was better, and just put them both in the game.

Anivia - She sounds just as benevolent as she should. Although there are a few strange bits that I don't think match her character - 'in a flash' and 'keep cool.' Very good work otherwise, I must say.

Zilean - Pretty good, not much to say here. His taunt makes me laugh aloud every time I hear it. Hah.

Cho'Gath - He's a big, mean creature with even worse attitude. In other words, his voice is just the right one for him.

Kassadin - I like him. Not much to say here.

Ryze - His voice and line seem both to impatient and eager for such an experienced wizard, no matter how primal his magic is.

Teemo - OH GODS PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOOOOOOP!

Gangplank - He's a pirate. Of course his awesome. Yaarrrrr!

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2009

evelynn - her laughing is terrible. her lines are fine and the voice mixing is outstanding, but the laugh... my god how its terrible. its like there was no effort put into it at all. did the va just read the line "ha ha ha ha ha"? i mean really. more effort to make a convincing laugh please. tell her a funny joke or something, get it more real.

anivia - dude, how do "in a flash" and "keep cool" NOT make sense? they make PERFECT sense! her first skill is FLASH FROST. get it? "keep cool"...... dude, how do you not get this one? she's MADE OF ICE.

whats wrong with teemo? cant handle a little cuteness? get over it.

Meridian

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
evelynn - her laughing is terrible. her lines are fine and the voice mixing is outstanding, but the laugh... my god how its terrible. its like there was no effort put into it at all. did the va just read the line "ha ha ha ha ha"? i mean really. more effort to make a convincing laugh please. tell her a funny joke or something, get it more real.

anivia - dude, how do "in a flash" and "keep cool" NOT make sense? they make PERFECT sense! her first skill is FLASH FROST. get it? "keep cool"...... dude, how do you not get this one? she's MADE OF ICE.

Anivia - she's supposed to be ageless, ancient, wise beyond mortal comprehension. They just don't make sense for a creature of such intelligence.

Teemo - I want to tie him up on a tree and hit him with a baseball bat until it stops being funny.. which is likely never.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2009

so being ancient and wise means being devoid of personality? fail.

Meridian

10-09-2009

Quote:
I did not say that. I meant that for an ageless creature of another plane, such lines just do not seem fitting.

Just as it wouldn't be fitting for Zilean to say 'Rock on!' or something like that.

EDIT: Again, just my opinion.

EDIT: Also, that 'keep cool!' line reminds me of Batman and Robin. Arnold as the goddamn Ice Man.. *shiver*

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

10-09-2009

Bregan calm it down.. you post are just lashing out at Merdidian whos just trying to get his opinions across...

Quote:
Quote:
See... why so eager to start a flame war?

Bregan

10-12-2009

its not remotely similar to your zilean example. it would be more similar of malphite said "rock on" though i do believe he says "rock solid". "keep cool" is a pun based on her ice theme. "in a flash" is a pun based on her Q skill. cho'gath has "no i do no live under a bed, fool" making a joke about the fact he's a scary monster. riot makes these characters with a ton of puns and silly jokes. it doesnt make them any less "out of character".

Meridian

10-12-2009

Quote:
its not remotely similar to your zilean example. it would be more similar of malphite said "rock on" though i do believe he says "rock solid". "keep cool" is a pun based on her ice theme. "in a flash" is a pun based on her Q skill. cho'gath has "no i do no live under a bed, fool" making a joke about the fact he's a scary monster. riot makes these characters with a ton of puns and silly jokes. it doesnt make them any less "out of character".
I see you point, but as a pun, it's bad, and I honestly doubt that 'in a flash' has anything to do with Q. Cho's joke line is good and a lot more fitting than Anivias.

Lollerman

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
I see you point, but as a pun, it's bad, and I honestly doubt that 'in a flash' has anything to do with Q. Cho's joke line is good and a lot more fitting than Anivias.
It's a reference to flash freezing.

Bregan

10-13-2009

most puns are bad and make you want to face-palm.

im not saying you're wrong for having an opinion, but through discussion here we have garnered that your problem with it isnt that it doesnt fit the character, but that you just hate puns.

also thank you lollerman for bringing up flash freezing. i had forgotten that term exists and it is highly likely that it what the pun is all about, though Q is still viable. hell pun them both.