here to you vegetarians

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fern Knight

Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenerealxDisease View Post
Well if you think about it if everyone was a vegetarian then all the animals we use for food would have no use and market forces would necessitate that the majority be disposed of. The best use for these corpses would probably be fertilizer for the crops. I imagine after that the price of food(vegetables) would drop drastically with all the influx of product that the cows were previously eating. This would of course drive some of the growers out of business as they simply can't produce enough food to remain economically viable. Then after a lot of turmoil prices and supplies would stabilize, the amount of raw vegetable matter for sale would be approximately the same as today, the beef and chicken would be replaced by a now booming soy industry, and there would be a lot of dead chickens and cows buried somewhere.

A little ambiguous how long or nasty the economic turmoil from the change in diet would be as it relies on the difficulty in replacing the meat industry with new soy industries as well as how the government handles the drastic drop in price of food.



The slippery slope argument is also a logical fallacy. If we were all vegetarians, we wouldn't be breeding them so much in the first place anyways, the population would eventually balance out and a more sustainable environment would be forthcoming. It's not like I expect everyone to turn vegetarian in one day, it's a change that would take significant time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valfreya

Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanad View Post
My brother is a vegetarian because he says it is healthier.
Mr sister used to be a vegetarian because of how animals are treated in farm factories.
Neither had anything against people eating animals.
I believe eating meat is more healthy (this doesn't include the grease and whatnot that make the food really unhealthy) than being a vegetarian, vegs don't give protein and whatnot to be healthy which we need (vegetarians I think usually eat beans to get their protein), meat also has many other things that our bodies need to survive.

Usually vegetarians need to take pills that give them the vitamins that meat would naturally give them.

To me I don't care if you are or not, I'll respect you, but givin that an adult animal would possibly die of disease or naturally it seems more honorable to them, by eating them so we can get the nutrients we need to survive as well. (I mean what happens when they die, usually I believe left to rot, or used for fertilizer for the plants to grow or the plants your actually eating)

Honestly sounds kinda horrible how I put the end part.

edit: and lets not forget overpopulation which would ruin our earth to no extent. almost how us humans are I believe overpopulating the earth, destroying it as we know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AirRhino

Senior Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXClone512Xx View Post
Good thing humans are Herbivores.
Did someone miss grade 2 science class?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teamchuckles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-26-2011

Valfreya, I don't believe for a second you are vegetarian if you are promoting taking supplements in place of meat protein. That is something only a silly little troll would say.

Being a vegetarian, just like being a meat eater, is healthy. Neither is more healthy than the other as long as each party is getting the proper nutrients they need. Vegetarians do not need supplements to get protein, just like meat eaters do not need heartburn medication when they shove a quarter pound of red meat in their gullet.

Vegetarians simply acquire their nutrients from various sources where meat eaters may acquire their nutrients from one source. Vegetarians can eat spinach to get their iron, beans to acquire amino acids, and soy based protein to replace meat based protein. There are many other places these nutrients are in, and there are many animal substitutes which fulfill all these nutrients.

The meat industry has done a fine job of making people believe that they NEED meat in order to be a nutritious person.

If you eat meat, more power to you. If you don't, equal power to you. Neither is more healthy or less healthy, just don't eat like you're mad at your arteries for their crimes against humanity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

myrinadi

Senior Member

12-26-2011

i'm about to win this... cuz you see all we have to do is evolve into plantlike ppl things that absorb energy from the sun and then kill animals for fun i guess idk i haven't really thought this all the way out yet, but ya saw someone said checkmate so here's the victory part! *clicks undo button 37 times* (checkmate is now removed)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

Senior Member

12-26-2011

We have enough grain to feed 8 million people
Give it to cows lol
OP really knows his stuff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IndigoSloth

Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Knight View Post
The slippery slope argument is also a logical fallacy. If we were all vegetarians, we wouldn't be breeding them so much in the first place anyways, the population would eventually balance out and a more sustainable environment would be forthcoming. It's not like I expect everyone to turn vegetarian in one day, it's a change that would take significant time.

Also it is not an argument, fallacies can only be identified in arguments as they are an error in logic. I was not making any point simply going through the economic causation. Sudden lose of demand means reduction of supply. There is now an excess in the components used to make the supply. The price of the components drops. The price drops forces certain suppliers out of business. Eventually everything stabilizes( do I need to go through all the economic chains?).

Slippery slope also does not deal with all causal chains only ones that do not bring about the conclusion.

Also you told someone that they could not link to authority because appealing to authority is wrong. In that you are incorrect. The fallacy is correctly called the appeal to False authority. You can use the words of a physicist when arguing for physics but you shouldn't use your pastor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

Senior Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valfreya View Post
I believe eating meat is more healthy (this doesn't include the grease and whatnot that make the food really unhealthy) than being a vegetarian, vegs don't give protein and whatnot to be healthy which we need (vegetarians I think usually eat beans to get their protein), meat also has many other things that our bodies need to survive.

Usually vegetarians need to take pills that give them the vitamins that meat would naturally give them.

To me I don't care if you are or not, I'll respect you, but givin that an adult animal would possibly die of disease or naturally it seems more honorable to them, by eating them so we can get the nutrients we need to survive as well. (I mean what happens when they die, usually I believe left to rot, or used for fertilizer for the plants to grow or the plants your actually eating)

Honestly sounds kinda horrible how I put the end part.

edit: and lets not forget overpopulation which would ruin our earth to no extent. almost how us humans are I believe overpopulating the earth, destroying it as we know.
Rofl
Dat society propaganda
You do realize you dont need protein from meat? You can get it from other sources and be fine. Ask the triathlon vegans. Im not even a vegetarian, I just like to know my ****. You also have a much higher chance of getting cancer if you drink milk. Also theres more calcium in a head of broccoli than in a glass of milk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fern Knight

Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamchuckles View Post

Vegetarians simply acquire their nutrients from various sources where meat eaters may acquire their nutrients from one source.
Actually, there is an exception to this in the case of vitamin B12, which neither animals or plants produce. Animals get it from bacteria that produces it(by eating stuff with that bacteria on it). And plants don't have it at all.

So we do need a supplement for that. Without the (low) required B12, we can get anemia, and nerve damage, among other problems. If you are a vegetarian and have not been taking vitamin B complex or B12, I suggest you do so soon.

otherwise, your point is well made.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

teamchuckles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRhino View Post
Did someone miss grade 2 science class?
I don't know who your 2nd grade science teacher was, but that person should be shot for being a ****ing dimwit. Not to mention that 2nd grade teachers don't need a degree in anything scientific to teach 2nd grade science, and therefore that 2nd grade science teacher doesn't have the education needed to form a valid opinion. Also not to mention that 2nd grade doesn't have a specific teacher for science. Anyway, besides the point...

Our bodies are not made to digest meat or dairy. Much like many other animals who are born into dairy, our bodies adjust and adapt to eating dairy. If one goes vegetarian/vegan for several months, then returns to eating ribs and milk, that person will go through a phase of the worst vomit and diarrhea of his or her life for a few days until their body once again readjusts to eating meat.

No, this doesn't explain why we have cuspids, but that's another argument for another time.

I don't know why I'm on a League of Legends forum arguing vegetarianism. These servers need to come back up now.