Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disconnects in game/start of team fights LOL.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naitea

12-25-2011

Hey guys,

Just started playing League only days ago, only to find myself burdened with the ability to reconnect more in one game than most do in a week :P.

For the most part, I notice that it DCs when I've gotten a kill and am chasing after someone. The screen starts getting intense, a tad laggy, and then comes the DC.

Here's the weird part:
My boyfriend is sitting behind me, playing with me simultaneously on my wifi, but he has no problems at all. I guess that eliminates my ISP as the plausible reason for my spontaneous DCs. Might I also mention that he's on a Windows while I'm on a Mac.

Anyone else experience this? Or am I just awesome at being unlucky =P?

And all my settings are turned down to very low, etc!

I'd appreciate any help . I've Google'd many threads to no avail. Thanks!

My Macbook:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Update: It also closes out of pure bot games too =(, when it's an intense fight. Ahhhh.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

12-26-2011

Network problem on your Mac..

Are you running any kind of firewalls or antivirus? Turn them all of!!

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-26-2011

^ most probably.

naitea

12-26-2011

Thanks. Going to try this today and see what happens. I also noticed that my FPS drops horribly the start of intense moments in the game too .

And the disconnecting happens with it's just pure Custom games against Bots too, but instead of "DC"ing, it just sends me back to the start of the game.

naitea

12-26-2011

Nope...firewall didn't do anything =(.

sho0tem

01-07-2012

help i played LoL for some time i have tons of champions hadd great scores like 47 and 2 or 27 and 0 i love playing LoL it became jsut natural after awile of playing so this means i been playing for almsot a year ,, here is the funny part one day all of a sudden, every single game i get into my wifi disconnects i repaired reistalled firewall anti virus reinestalled wifi card man put it this way i stood atleast 4 days straight from morning to night tryn new things to be able to play liek i used to. wich im a LoL freak i played from 7 inda morning till 5 inda morning ikno ikno its badd but i loved the game and i bought cards and everything i dont undertand why its doing this all of a sudden. my laptop is perfectly fine and even better now that i straight cleaned it out as much as possible

all im saying is can any riot or any one pls respond to these kind of messages ikno i aint the only one with this problem and if i cant fix this than i wont ever be able to play this game again until i can offord a new comp wich isnt any time soon pls help riot thank you

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

01-07-2012

Quote:
sho0tem:
help i played LoL for some time i have tons of champions hadd great scores like 47 and 2 or 27 and 0 i love playing LoL it became jsut natural after awile of playing so this means i been playing for almsot a year ,, here is the funny part one day all of a sudden, every single game i get into my wifi disconnects i repaired reistalled firewall anti virus reinestalled wifi card man put it this way i stood atleast 4 days straight from morning to night tryn new things to be able to play liek i used to. wich im a LoL freak i played from 7 inda morning till 5 inda morning ikno ikno its badd but i loved the game and i bought cards and everything i dont undertand why its doing this all of a sudden. my laptop is perfectly fine and even better now that i straight cleaned it out as much as possible

all im saying is can any riot or any one pls respond to these kind of messages ikno i aint the only one with this problem and if i cant fix this than i wont ever be able to play this game again until i can offord a new comp wich isnt any time soon pls help riot thank you

Wrong forum. Go to the Help & Support forum, unless you are using a Mac.

sho0tem

01-07-2012

were is help and support?

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

01-07-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15

There you go

FuzzBucketeer

01-10-2012

Judging by the date of posts, your playing using Windows on your mac right? I'm running widows via bootcamp, when i started i never had issues. recently ive started crashing about 1 of 4 or 3 games?? sometimes its a straight crash, and sometimes the graphics mess up first everything detailed just turns into basic black squares. either way its increasing in frequency. So you arent alone. :/