[BPCC champion concept] Zuki, the Zaun Package Boy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ModelT

02-25-2012

UPDATE!!!!!

Finalized moves damage/stats/etc.
Replaced 'Shadow Clone' with 'Light Clone.' No longer stealths, but has lots more utility.
No longer a 'Stealth' champion. Replaced with Caster/roamer
Replaced 'Mach Speeds' ultimate with 'Rocket Boots' ultimate. Passive on Ult is still the same, active ability is totally different.
Changed 'W' move from a stealth land mine (akin to that of Teemo, Shaco) to a proximity mine that detonates rather quick, and applies a Blind but no other debuff. No additional controls required.
Renamed passive. Now called "Cool Resolve." Did so because nothing phases Zuki, he is jaded and does what he has to do, no questions asked. Somebody tries to stop him, he won't stand for it.
Removed "Bonus Damage based on Speed" from Ult and from Q. Too complicated to calculate, and too many possibilities for breaking the game.

As per the update, I would like input on a few specific things (totally upvoting anybody who gives helpful criticism). The list is below
- The passive speed gain on his Ult. Too much to too underwhelming?
- The amount of CC vs. the AP ratios. Balanced?
- Finalized HP/Mana/AD/Defense stat suggestions, or at least similar champs to consider for research.
- Over all balance of the champion, and other related "normal stuff around here" thoughts.

ModelT

02-26-2012

***UPDATE***
Finalization of moves. Zuki's 'Light Double' ignores unit collision for the duration of the ability.
Updated Backstory
Finalized stats
Added recommended items and a troll build. =D

ModelT

02-27-2012

Edit update bump

3pitaph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

more scouts!!

+1

ModelT

03-07-2012

Thank you. Still hoping for somebody to critique the numbers on this. I actually want critical feedback, as this idea has sort of been my "not playing LoL" project.

Lord Drathar

03-15-2012

He seems very mana dependent, I could see an energy bar working well on him or needed archangels. The passive tenacity sounds like a fresh take on something old. Bravo on something well thought out!

His joke has to be something about not getting payed enough or bowling.

Chisel Sturms

03-15-2012

One of my personal favorites. A very unique idea, the abilities are fitting, and seems like he would be a blast to play. Image-wise I have two minor concerns: (1) he's going to look too much like Rumble and (2) he's going to look too much like Sonic the Hedgehog. These are both things that can I think can be addressed within the description that you've given (just things the artists would have to keep in mind). I would suggest letting his fur have a red tint to instead of blue (if you don't like it, at least it's a skin idea).

I spent some time looking over his kit and comparing his abilities to those of existing champions that I thought were relevant. His passive and E seem to be about where they should be in terms of power.

His Q seems a bit tricky: it's an escape, so you've given it a long cooldown, but then it's also a nuke that's pretty important to his kit for damage, so you're made the damage really high to make up for the long cooldown. By the way, the range on Ezreal's Q is 1100. I am concerned about the damage on this skill, as it has the (albeit remote) potential to hit an entire team twice. My suggestion would be to lower the cooldown slightly, lower the damage by ~30-50 at all ranks (the scaling is probably OK, but could be dropped by ~0.5), and lower the range to around 800. I like the scaling "missile" speed.

A minor point about W: the AOE radius for the explosion is not listed.

His E I think could use a buff. The reasons are twofold: (1) this skill is awesome and I want it to get used a lot and (2) it's pure utility that is severely reduced in effectiveness by oracle's elixir (although obviously it's still great for scouting). I would like to see it's cooldown reduced substantially (my suggestion is ~11-14 seconds), duration increased at low ranks (maybe just make 8 second duration across all ranks), and maybe even the mana cost reduced a just little bit. I don't think the lengthy cooldown is warranted by it's scouting utility because the clones have to deal with regular pathing (unlike hawkshot). Also, is the cooldown intended to start (a) as soon as the ability is used, or (b) after the clone expires? If (a) a longer base cooldown should be considered, and if (b) you could make it shorter.

For his ultimate, my main concern is that it's mana cost is completely outrageous. I really don't think the mana cost or the long cooldown are needed for an ability of this caliber. I don't think it would be out of line to reduce the mana cost by 100 at all ranks, lower the cooldown by 30 seconds, and change the root to a stun. If I'm missing something about this ability, let me know. For the movespeed bonus, the max of 360 ties him with a chasing Final Hour Vayne, which I'm completely fine with.

I hope this review has been helpful. I look forward to seeing how this champion evolves.

Cheers!

Chisel Sturms, the Stalwart Squire

ModelT

03-16-2012

@ Lord Drathor

Thanks for the bump, and yeah, he needs a mana cost reduction. Looking at his costs, it's bad.

@Chisel

Before anything else, your review was well appreciated, and I am working on changes as I type this, but a few things I should note first.

Passive: I like a simple passive, and I'm glad you agree.

Q: Yes all around. The cool down, damage, cost, and scaling all need a reduction. Regarding range, I may make it scaling range, but having a long range on this is imperative, as it allows him to initiate without too much stress (though being CC'd during is a major issue), allows him to combo with his W, and this skill would be his bread and butter. I'd much rather lower the damage than the range, but early game, a huge range like that... bad news. This is balanced by the fact that HE is the projectile and not a magic burst, of course.

W: I will list the AoE effect. Approx as big as Lux's E move, since it is weaker and harder to use than Karthus' Q, the blast should be bigger.

E: I'm not sure what you mean by this being able to be countered by Oracle's Elixer. It is NOT a stealth. It is a clone, similar to Shaco's Ult and Le Blanc's passive, but easier to control... although, I may just say that you can control with Alt clicking and remove any illusion that it doesn't go on CD right away. The idea behind this was for scouting and jukes, and that's it.
However, regarding the CD and the duration... I need to switch them. Flat duration (8 seconds sounds lovely...), and a Scaling CD that starts at maybe 25/30, and ends right around... 14 seconds. With 40% CD, that gives near never ending ghost and clones. A cost reduction is in order as well. 100 mana for utility is a bit much.
This is easily my favorite ability of his, since, if used properly, will make every single enemy champion HATE playing against Zuki. Mass confusion is my goal with this move. All the super damage moves in the world are nothing against good map awareness and amazing misinformation.

Ult: Okay, yes, more mana problems in the fix here. As for the CC type... I really really really don't want it to stun, because he lands on you, and you get rooted, and that's funny... but a stun would make it... more Ulty. So I am gonna make it a stun... just because getting rocket-stomped would stun most people. I think I may make it stun for a second and root for a second, just for lols. It's a big CC ult, so the damage could be scaled down a bit for the additional CC.

Regarding his appearance, I may change it up a tiny bit... but basis of this idea is three fold: One, Sonic the Headgehog is one of my favorite VG and comic book characters, and I have been a fan since I was very young. Two, Megaman is the basis for the powerslide, hextech gear, and some general overtones. Finally, his general attire is "delivery boy"-ish. Perhaps a backwards cap, white fur with a blue hue, and black streaks (similar to Kennen's Kung Fu skin, since they are distant relatives) would be much more appropriate.

ModelT

03-16-2012

Edit Update Bump

Changes/additions are as follows
- Lowered over all mana costs.
- Changed Power Slide, now only bounces once, has variable range on skill shot, lowered base damage and scaling.
- Added blast radius/detection radius stats to Special Delivery.
- Clarified some confusion on Light Double. Also, set it to a flat duration, decreasing cool down, and put some control notes in, further clarifying how the skill works exactly.
- Changed his ult from a root to a stun/slow combo.
- Added Skin Concepts
- Changed appearance

NOTE: Still looking for anybody to criticize the base stats (other than movement speed).

Chisel Sturms

03-16-2012

Liking all the changes. Zuki is starting to look really solid in my opinion. The only thing I can say at this point is that his story could use a quick rewrite. I wouldn't change anything, but it has a handful of spelling/grammar mistakes and could be revised to flow a bit more smoothly.

Great work, ModelT. I support this champ 100%.

On a side note, Chisel V 2.0 is up! Let me know what you think of the revision when you get a chance.