Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disappointing Conversations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaezakura

12-26-2011

Personally, I tend to prefer yuri manga, or other manga that deals with sexuality. I do read some more "normal" stuff, but here's a small sampling of my book shelf:

Yubisaki Milk Tea
Stray Little Devil
Girl Friends
Strawberry Shake
Manga no Tsukurikata
Octave

Amongst more mainstream things, I'll at least try pretty much anything from CLAMP. There are other titles of course, but it's a heck of a lot to go into more detail about.

SmokingJoeNL

12-26-2011

Hope is the first step to disappointment.

Bilun

12-26-2011

Quote:
outfoxxed:
most manga readers are awkward asian kids running the yorick haircut

Naw I'm more of an awkward bearded white guy with a cowlick ridden crew cut.

Sykper

12-26-2011

Quote:
Tekshi:
You guys all have low tier powerlevels.

Liar Game, Bambino, Denpa Kyoushi, Btooom, Destroy and Revolution, Gamaran, Usogoi, Tripeace, GTO, Hitman - part time killer, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Shingeki no Kyoujin and more that i'm too lazy to list off,

Nail...

On the head for me from that list that I bolded that I am reading and LOVING...

Have to try the others out you like as well, since you mentioned Liar Game I believe you must have great tastes.

Lance Eliot

12-26-2011

Quote:
Duke Br0heimer:
What's wrong with One Piece? :[

What isn't wrong with One Piece? o_o,

ManaBananaKrill

12-26-2011

Quote:
RonimAsru:
Just because you're on the naruto/bleach/onepiece hate-bandwagon. Go away.

I'm tired of idiots like the OP that think one manga is superior just because its not as popular as others. I bet OP is a hipster and used to like that stuff, too (until it became popular).

Maybe he thinks other manga are superior simply because the 'big three' are garbage.
Get less offended, nerd.

Twister1245

12-26-2011

Quote:
Walvren:
Actually, I'd like to be enlightened. Which ones do you like?

one piece, bleach and naruto

why, are there other good ones??

oh, and baki (all 3 of them), Tower of god, Noblesse, Gamaran, 1/2 prince, mmmm and a ton of smaller ones whos names i remember not

Yaezakura

12-26-2011

The problem with One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto is that they aren't trying to tell a story. They're just endless problems, one after another after another where nothing of importance is ever really resolved. One bad guy is defeated, and another one shows up, more powerful and over-the-top than the last in an endless cycle.

And I just can't stomach series like that. If I'm going to read something, I want it to tell a story. Stories require a beginning, middle, and end. And it really makes me sad--Naruto especially had originally showed a lot of promise, but now it's fallen into the same boat as the others. It'll never end because selling more issues has become more important than telling the story.

Jaykoboy

12-26-2011

Char...treuse? Huh. Went from Dissapointing Conversations to Which Manga Isn't Gay in Any Way? I'm just not going to enter.