Pantheon is completely useless now

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

I'm really not pleased with the changes, I think they could have done more to make up for removing his one big ability.

With that said, I was watching a stream a couple hours ago of team AoN doing 5v5 Ranked ladder and Reginald was playing Pantheon. These guys are extremely competitive, and have not lost a game yet. So you really have to ask yourself, if one of the best teams in the game is still picking him... Can he be that bad?

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Pantheon

Spear Shot

• Mana cost increased to 45 at all ranks from 30/35/40/45/50

Aegis of Zeonia
  • Cooldown modified to 12 seconds at all ranks from 20/17.5/15/12.5/10
  • Stun duration changed to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.5
  • Aegis of Zeonia now properly interacts with spell shields

Heartseeker Spear
  • Base damage reduced to 4/6/8/10/12 from 6/9/12/15/18
  • Scaling damage reduced to 18/22/26/30/34% from 20/25/30/35/40%
  • Cooldown reduced to 20/19/18/17/16 from 26/24/22/20/18

Grand Skyfall will now apply smoother damage especially against large targets
Grand Skyfall will now properly interact with spell shields

General
Base health increased to 520 from 505
Base armor increased to 21 from 20.1
Health per level increased to 87 from 85
<- lololololol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So basically:
  • You can't spam Spear Shot early game (where it's only usefulness)
  • You can stun more often (not that much often, CD is 8s lower at start, but you don't have mana)
  • Ppl will run away from your HS sooner, therefore not taking it's full dmg
  • HS at max rank: -30 base dmg, -30% scale (double it on champs), lower CD at early levels doesn't help, you don't have mana
  • In exchange for those nerfs you get whooping 15 more HP at lvl 1, 51 more HP at lvl 18 and whole 0,9 more armor!

On paper the HS nerf looks negligible, but don't forget to multiply the numbers by 5 strikes and by 2 on champs.

Any suggestions to play Panth viable again? I liked him so much :/

Destabilizator

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
I'm really not pleased with the changes, I think they could have done more to make up for removing his one big ability.

With that said, I was watching a stream a couple hours ago of team AoN doing 5v5 Ranked ladder and Reginald was playing Pantheon. These guys are extremely competitive, and have not lost a game yet. So you really have to ask yourself, if one of the best teams in the game is still picking him... Can he be that bad?
I can see he's working as walking mini-stun for your team to pick them, sadly I'm mostly in Solo Queue :/
Is there any recording of that video? I'd like to see it.

khitchary

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Lamb View Post
oh dear now you have to rely on skill to do well.
isnt that a downer.

Fool ... you cannot use skill to make him do more burst damage....and you cant use skill to make him do any other type of damage...he is now a very ordinary hero ... compare him to jax trynd warwick garen yi or just about any other melee hero he now loses (he always lost late game before now he loses all the time). The only way panth could ever kill you was if a:you dont take cleanse b: you dont take exhaust c: your being 2v1 ganked (and its resonable you die when this happens). So in other words not dying to panth wasnt that hard to start with (unless you dont have skill). Now you just dont die even if your afk.

khitchary

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post

Maybe they did pick him ... just because some really good players picked a hero one time doesnt mean that he is good. Also if you do take a janna with him he would still be op (he was stupid with janna before i know that much). If you are certain they pick him every game and always win.. id like to know more about this.

Muthatrucka

07-14-2010

Negative, a poor thought out nerf.

I'm fine with adjusting anything that needs it, and yes panth was strong early. But lets be realistic, now the 1 trick pony lost his trick. Now he's becoming a Mule. To me the mana isnt the end of the world, but 0.5 starting stun time is whack, u virtually do **** for damage till you either get lucky with some occult stacks or ur whole team carry's you till you are lvl 14 and finally buying a good item... Nerfing Hss lowers ur early game by a lot. So why not atleast provide an ample stun time seeing as ur HSS is hitting for 22% less damage.

They nerfed early game to much, a simple mp increase to spear and nerfing HSS by 15% would have been fine.

The fix: (Riot's good at biznes so this what they thought out.) "If we nerf Panth you will buy the new champ, in a few patches they will nerf him, and re buff panth." But in the meantime they got you to spend RP on a champ and prob a skin. So they made money off our sadness lol.

Muthatrucka

07-14-2010

I guess I would like to ask why wasn't it a nerf in stages rather than 3 bigs ones all at once? RIGHT BEFORE SEASON1?

Xianio

07-14-2010

Seems fine to me. The first few I fought against had a lot of trouble with mana because they came to lane without mana regen or mana potions.

A few games later it seemed like most had smartened up and started bringing mana regen and mana potions to the early game and seemed quite capable of spamming.

I also noticed people got better at positioning as the day went on. Instead of the pathetically simple "jump, HSS" for full damage they started using their jump and predicting/zone controlling with HSS. End result was pretty similiar to pre-nerf pantheon but you could tell that it required some more thought then it used to.

I don't have an issue with this nerf. In the end they simply made pantheon require more thought then he used to and seeing how much of a cakewalk his early game was before it seems about right.

Naramiel

Recruiter

07-14-2010

Overall, a massive nerf to his early game... which is vexing for those of us who play him, but understandable, as he had a very good early game. But look at his late game:

-10% mana cost on Spear Shot
irrelevant late game

+20% cooldown on Aegis
-11% cooldown on Heartseeker
kind of a wash

+0.5 seconds stun duration on Aegis
-15% damage on Heartseeker
Supposing that the longer duration gets you one more HS strike, and that the two are mostly used together, also a wash

+50 health
+0.9 armor
o-kayyyy

(bug fixes also weaken him, but fixing bugs is good)

In other words, his (powerful) early game was severely weakened, and his (puny) late game adjusted in a way that leaves it essentially the same.

That latter part is the big problem:Pantheon was "strong early, weak late", now he's "middling early, weak late".

Muthatrucka

07-14-2010

No, they cut his damage by quite a bit, and the fact that u loose 1 second of ur stun untill persay lvl 8-10 well, its noticable as is your HSS being weaker (2x weaker on Champs mind you). I still am doing alright with him, but after seeing how OP the new champ is I'll just be playing him lol.

1234567 ... 10