Pantheon is completely useless now

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

molsch45

07-13-2010

all i hear is "Wahn! he not as easy to play as he used to be, Wahn!"

i will still play pantheon as one of my top characters and adjust his build accordingly

TheImmortalVirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
.5 Seconds on a stun is fairly significant. It means that you get most of your HSS off against someone with Treads rather than half.

With all five hits of HSS against a Champion, it now does 60 less total base damage and 60% less of your attackdamage. That's only a third of the attackdamage, and only 15% of the scaling damage. With 300 attackdamage, it now does 1140 rather than 1380, a whopping 240 less (only about 17% of its damage).

At level 5, with one point in Aegis, one in Spear, 3 in HSS, and 80 Attackdamage, you now do:
Spear (110) + Aegis (50) + HSS (80+208) + Spear (110) = 558
Whereas prior you would do:
Spear (110) + Aegis (50) + HSS (120+240) + Spear (110) = 630
That's only a 72 damage decrease, which is only 11% of your burst combo.

And remember, in addition to the slight HP buff, you get a MAJOR buff to the cooldown of both Aegis and HSS.
That is assumeing they stand 100% still in your HSS where the stun is shorter and can eaisly side step it.

Vijaya

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Generally your heat seeker damage was reduced by 22%, its not that bad, could of been worse, so just cope with it and learn to play him when he is a bit weaker.
But he was weak already. The only reason to play him was because he had a killer early game; now he has an ok early game. Without the ability to get super fed, he's **** late game. They took away his ability to get fed, so any team that isn't filled with idiots who feed Pantheon is going to shut him down completely.

khitchary

07-14-2010

WOW I cannot believe there are people foolish enough to say.. just adjust your play ...He wasnt my favourite hero (he sucks late game against any proper melee dps hero) but i did like him.....the jump cd has been made shorter for the lower levels only (and that makes no difference at all and i think its acually longer at level 5 of the spell) and the stun is 1 FKN SECOND at level 1 of aegis... this means that anyone who isnt asleep will not take much of your HSS ie that means you cant even use it properly untill late game ....and its suffering a nerf of 12% of your attk damage late game per hit .. all panth could ever do was spear>jump>manyspear>spear ... your either dead or you dont die.....now we all know for sure that pretty much no one will die ...yeah so my condolences for everyone that wasted ip like me and more so for those that got the skins .. lets hope they put him part way back to were he was before .. oh and FOOL 2 seconds of HSS from 18 to 16 ..... THANKS FOR THE BUFF you IDIOT

The Bad Lamb

07-14-2010

oh dear now you have to rely on skill to do well.
isnt that a downer.

weezahd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortalVirus View Post
I feel like he'd be better off being completely removed from the game
alright, let's just do that then.

Destabilizator

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Lamb View Post
oh dear now you have to rely on skill to do well.
isnt that a downer.
Why? Just switch to Xin Zhao, he's beast compared to this weakling now :/
Also tell me where is skill involved when all your abilities are quite "useless". There's simply not enough damage you can unload (~40% less on champ during combo if I count right) and no way you are going to survive after you did it.

Arrivederco

07-14-2010

I think a big part of the 'weak early game' is the stun reduction on Aegis.

I laned with a couple panths today, and while their HSS damage seemed close to the same, early on enemies were getting out if it extremely fast.

The big stun nerf + the minor damage nerf = overall a huge early game nerf.

Destabilizator

07-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrivederco View Post
The big stun nerf + the minor damage nerf = overall a huge early game nerf.
It's minor dmg nerf at early game, but enormous mid+ (-60 base, -6% bonus, double it on champ) and longer stun won't help it.

P4Powned

07-14-2010

What big nerfs did he get then? I only remember -4% dmg to HSS.

123456 ... 10